break in..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtracer94

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
so i broke in my new 2.5 maxx today. no real issues thus far. i had 1 extreme noob moment today. after the first break in tank i couldnt get the engine to fire up again. after about 15 minutes i realized that i had the gas line cut off. my truck has a clip to squeeze the gas line for shut off. go ahead... point and laugh. i ran out of daylight before i could start the tuning process so that is tomorrows project. if anyone has any tips for noobie as far as tuning goes pls share your wisdom. :)

How many tanks have you run through it. It takes more than one tankto complete breakin. I do not tune the engine for performance, until around tank 8 or more.

i have 5 tanks through it. i followed the traxxas instructions to the letter. according to them after the 5th tank the break in is done.

i have moments like that every day pullin the pull start with the glow igniter on for ages before ill realise i didnt prime the fuel to the carb. ill then remove it and put it in my pocket prime the fuel and start pulling it to realise theres no glow igniter attached and walk off lookin for it.:hehe:

Cool! Glad you took the time to break it in. So many don't, and their engines last about two hours.

How many tanks have you run through it. It takes more than one tankto complete breakin. I do not tune the engine for performance, until around tank 8 or more.

+1 on this,the more patiant you are the happier you will be with your engine

transmited from a mobile communications device

You can go ahead and run the piss out of it now, BUT, you have to make sure it's tuned right and warmed up before you do. Always make sure the engine is warmed up before tuning and before running hard.

Back