Break in Bash pics!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to remember how big this thing is. When a revo rolls or crashes it doesn't have much weight behind it. Even small crashes are more major than something that would destroy a Revo because it's so heavy and with the law of inertia, anytime it hits something while traveling, the force is compounded because of the sheer size and weight of the baja, even more so with all the aluminum hop ups.

That was something that surprised me, as heavy as this thing is it sure bounces back easily from a rollover.

Theres a guy that wants to trade me his GBE side bleed for my SS pipe and 50 bucks, so I think I'm going to call him right now. I also just ordered everything phatdad, so hopefully all will be well again, just need to go to the hobby shop and spend about 40 bucks on plastic parts lol.

DUDE< Thats a STEAL on that pipe. OMG, take it take it.
that ss pipe is only ok performance wise, and even worse at longevity. the GBE is a MUCH nicer pipe. doenst have stellar topend, but great and smooth low/mids and has a sweet, thoaty tone, deep and meaty sounding pipe.

man talk about putting it to someone when they are bent over the couch. but hes asking for it. lol

He didnt answer his phone today damnit lol. So ill try him again tommarow. I need to tell him that phat dad is doing eveyone a favor that was out there and hooking them up with parts for a smokin deal. Just ordered a set of front and rear phat shafts, and phat bones for 104$. All I need is a rear shock tower thing, and a nother set of white bead locks to have on hand and ill be set. But back to the pipe thing. After driving and getting some inside scoops on the baja set ups, the SS pipe seems to be the perfect pipe for track, smooth is the key thats all I'm saying! I'm sworn to secrecy on this by some unmentionables lol. But beings I dont really plan on racing after yesterday lol, ill be getting that pipe to bash with if I can reach the dude, and hes still interisted. I also found that the rpm rear arms are tougher then chit! I got to drive a baja with them and lets just say a turnbuckel buckeled, but the arms were like new! So next on the big money list lol.

Oh and speaking of revos charlie, there was a couple nitro guys out there when I was getting ready to leave and I had my race revo with me. I said why not get it a little dirty and threw it on the track for a few. I was lapping a savage, smoking a xtm, and blowing buy a rusty, the only car I couldnt catch was this one guys baja. Then after a couple tanks i discovered I had a leaky fule tank seal that was giveing me a air leak so I called it a day. It was fun finally running the revo on a track!

Last edited:
actually the GBE sb is a very smooth pipe form idle to top. no big power surprises like the Rear Dom has. i think its a great track pipe, cuz its got just enought low end to it to get out of the hole without major traction loss, but if you get into the throttle too much, it will spin out. great transition from the lows thru to the top rpms. its not a singer up top, but does get you some respectable top rpms.

Well I got ahold of the guy today and I'm getting the pipe off him friday. can't wait. Hopefully it dosent mess up my tune to much. Rodney(shreadhead) tuned it for me at the track and its running like a beast right now. So I should have most of the parts to get rolling again by friday. Well see though. I hate not haveing a working rig lol.

My revo tank is craked at the seam, damn. Good thing I have like 3 spares lol. Guess that was the cause of the air leak though.

I have no F-in clue as to how I broke so much poop! I'm starting tear down right now and holy hell! I bet the turtle rear shock mount, the pipe I was going to trade that guy is bent and totoally caved in on one side. So in order to trade him ill be buying him a new pipe it looks like. I'm pretty pissed and bummed right now. I dont know if Ill have this running before my camping trip to the desert in 2 weeks. I mean its like everything in the ass end is bent or broke! Darn! :(

I have no F-in clue as to how I broke so much poop! I'm starting tear down right now and holy hell! I bet the turtle rear shock mount, the pipe I was going to trade that guy is bent and totoally caved in on one side. So in order to trade him ill be buying him a new pipe it looks like. I'm pretty pissed and bummed right now. I dont know if Ill have this running before my camping trip to the desert in 2 weeks. I mean its like everything in the ass end is bent or broke! Darn! :(

Must have been one hell of a flip!

that is cool i just found out a month ago that milestone mx park is like 20 min away from me i will have to go check it out real soon

Well I pulled the trigger and got 5b 2.0 yesterday from EBAY. I haven't seen any sold cheaper then this guy. I don't know how he does it because from I've been told this is cheaper then most hobby shops buy them for. Anyway I'm on my way and it looks like NITRO may be history for me also LOL. I may sell all my NITRO stuff and buy a 5t or wait because I heard a rumor about a AWD or 4Wd vehicle comming out.

Last edited:
Man, I wish I lived near enough to hang out and bash with the guys from Team Phatdad or GBE! lol. I just got a GBE Hornet for my Baja. I'm stuck out bashing in Iraq, I can't drive mine too hard. Unlike yall, if I break something its not a trip next day to get the parts. I usually have a 7-14 day wait for new parts lol. My Baja is currently waiting for a new front shock tower assy. I'm wondering if I should upgrade that to aluminum and get TR shock supports for both the front and rear....

My Baja was my 2nd RC car, and everyone I work with rags on me for spending far over 2 grand plus on a toy, but when my mechanics saw how big it was and then saw it driving around, every last one of them was like "Holy crap thats awesome!"

Too bad they are all married. lawl

Back