Break in Bash pics!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryson

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok I'm soooo freakin hooked! Yesterday I went out and tried running in the local park only to get kicked out by a bunch of people for being to loud. Wonder why? lol. So I then went to a old bash spot to give it a shot, and low and behold, it was still perfect. I drove my baja for about 3 minutes then my breaks locked up, turns out the spacer in between the pads was to much and I had to chit can it lol, while I was in there I also did the spring mod. So today I met up with a guy from hbf and sold him some stuff I didnt need and I was off like a dirty shirt to go try to break in again. I got to the spot, only one there, Yes! Baja fires up on the 3 pull, away I went. Farted around for probally a half hour, then as I noticed the tank getting empty I started to give it some full throttle runs. This thing ROCKS!!! Funest rc I have owned, and I have only driven it once. The fact theres no finiky little F-ing tunning to do is the best thing under the sun. There was the big dirt pile on a up hill and I launced off it a couple times getting around 4 feet of air. It is simply bliss. Next time I head out to this spot which will probally be friday, ill take a ho, and do some weeding and make the ultimate bash spot lol. Tommarow I'm off to milestone Mx park to hang out with phatdad and the gbe crew. What a great weekend! Here are a few pics.
In this pic the little hill on the left side is the dirt pile I was talking about, wouldnt take much to make a sweet jump out of it. Next time!
PIC-0181.jpg

Its kind of cool to because I can sit or stand on top of this tunnle like driving stand!
PIC-0180.jpg

PIC-0179.jpg

PIC-0178.jpg

Well thats it for now. More pics after tommarow. I may just be selling my other nitros on ebay to get a 5t eventually. The pics are crappy because they were taken with my phone. Hope you guys had a good day! :D

Man those things look soo cool. Yet another toy to add to my must-get whatever the cost list....

You wont regret it. I know I'm never looking back. Money well spent in the rc world imo.

The stock engine is way more power then I thought it would be. I dont even know if I want a pipe now, maby ill snag one up if I find a deal but not for a while. I just picked up a set of hostile mini mx's today and can't wait to get them. I sliced the side wall on these, probally doing a dounut on broken glass, but heh. And this turtle heavy duty clutch, WOW.

A crawler is next on my go to list though, haha, wait till you see the pics the the area I know about to crawl thats less then 5 minutes from my house, and about 400 yards from this spot lol.

Oh and hers a little one handed vid I took lol. :D
[ame=http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/BigB1489/?action=view&current=bajabreakin.flv]
th_bajabreakin.jpg
[/ame]

HOLY CRAP!!! Make me wanna get one, but can't. Cool vid!!

Congrats man. SCREW NITRO!!

Congratulations! I told you that it would surprise you. Lol, I didn't see things going well at the park from the first day you mentioned it.

I'm glad you've seen the light. Now you see why so many of us have gotten rid of the nitro stuff. Why have Ramen Noodles and Spam, when you can have Steak, Lobster, and Caviar

Yep I have seen the light ellwood! Lol. I dont see myself touching my nitros for a while at this point. But I am getting the itch to run my minis again and no way in hell am I buying more normal batterys, this time I'm going lipo, then I can convert my baja over to lipo too. Maby in a couple weeks ill get around to that. :)

Congratulations! I told you that it would surprise you. Lol, I didn't see things going well at the park from the first day you mentioned it.

I'm glad you've seen the light. Now you see why so many of us have gotten rid of the nitro stuff. Why have Ramen Noodles and Spam, when you can have Steak, Lobster, and Caviar

Let me know when you are ready to get rid of that stash of Ramen Noodles and Spam, Charlie! I saw your post in the donation thread and am curious as to what you might have that I might be looking for! :ponder2:

Can I have one of the cans of spam? lol.

WOW
I definatly want one!
How much?
I want one bad
Just thing is i dont have any hobby shops so
Anyone know where i can get one online?
Is it a 2 stroke u say? Not nitro?
Cool! What cc? How fast?? Lol sorry for all the questions but it looks so damn cool!!!!!

I believe that there will be on for sale on this forum soon. Timmah has been selling some of his off.

Here's the RTR version
http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product1106.html

and here's the SS version.
http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product2029.html

You can probably buy them a good bit cheaper off of Ebay, Mine came from Mac's Hobbies on ebay when I wont it in the lottery, because the were the only dealer that had a shipment coming in and Woodie worked his magic to get one. Just make sure you buy from a reputable company with lots of positive feedback from people who have bought the 5B's.

The SS version has quite a few upgrades to replace some of the problems with the first RTR version, so I highly suggest it. Plus, you get to build it, which is TONS of fun and the best way there is to learn about RC's. Anyone can do it because it has step by step instructions, with each bag of parts separated to match the steps in the instructions, like a paint by number lol.

They are 2 stroke, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, A LOT, SUPER, INCERDIBLY better than nitro. Buy the time you buy a nitro, all the accessories that you need for it, the fuel, and things like that, the price is almost the same. Plus, with the nitros you will have to spend a lot more in maintenance and upkeep. If you bash a lot, you might go through half a gallon of nitro a day, at $30 a gallon. With the 5B, you would have to run all day to go through half a gallon, at less than $5 including the price of the 3 stroke oil.

I've had around 30-35 RC's in the past year, and none of them come close to matching the duability of the baja. I've been bashing it since March, and so far I've bought a set of Badlands and spent $4 replacing a broken shock cap. This includes Smaxxin and I jumping it about 12 feet in the air and landing flat on the ground, nosediving, landing crooked and barrel rolling 9 or 10 times, etc... and that was just in a few hours lol.

The RTR has a 23 CC engine, The SS has a 26CC engine. You can go with a large bore kit for about $80 and get the displacement up to 30 CC's, but this thing has so much power with 26CC's and a nice exhaust, I haven't seen the need to upgrade mine.

The top speed varies a lot by gearing, exhaust, engine mods, etc... But they generally run from 35-60 mph. You don't realize how fast 20-45 mph is in something that is three feet long and weighs around 20 pounds until you get to drive it. The torque from this two stroke is MASSIVE, and there's not tuning to worry about or anything like that. You just pull the cord twice and it starts right up. Mine has never taken more than three pulls to start, even after sitting up for a while.

Last edited:
I broke so much $hit today! Lets see, shock shaft, twisted dog bone, cut up darksole boot, some plastic wing mount thing I dont know the name of, 2 bead locks, wing, and nearly cracked in half body, arm! Hmmmm, I think the track will have to wait a while before I tempt it again, cost to freakin much, parts wise lol. Met some really nice people today, from phatdad, and hbf. Fun day in all, but man was it windy here in so cal. Here are a couple pics from today.

suckatdriving.jpg

rubbersidedown.jpg

poorwing.jpg

oho.jpg

dulin.jpg

Damn!
damn.jpg

My Baja didn't like the local race track much either. Well except the double. Hope you get your baja fixed up again. Looked good though!!!

oh ya, heh. once you get a few of the other must haves, like Toms (phats) Shock Shafts and Drivebones. and trs cups you ll have alot less issues. the harder you drive it, the more its gonna cost. lol but there does come a point, where you need to pretty much drive it WOT into a wall to hurt it, but you can likely drive it away too. lmao

Man would love to get over there. Did get down to Turtles today. and Wouldnt you know, 2nd run i break a pinion bolt. Ofcourse I'm in the Den of Satin, so ended up buying a clutch system my self. knew i would, but was hoping to put it off for a few more months. lol. Now i ll need another one for when the 5T gets here. lol

nice Pics man. heres a link to the few pics Andreusche got today of our outing.
lil air Timmahh

linky to picy
http://www.akkoz.com/baja5b/2008-10-12_turtle_bash/index.htm

Last edited:
Bryson, you musta been putting that thing through hell. I haven't been able to break that stuff since I got my SS in april. Not even with Pete and I trying to break it jumping it over our heads did we damage anything lol.

Maybe now that's out of your system and you can work on bashing it and enjoying it without too much mutilation :hehe:

Sliding into the railing at the track caused more damage than jumping did for me. Go figure. LOL

Sliding into raling wasent the problem. Heres what I learned,

GH or any any aluminum arm company, or stock, and rpm, rear arms have a flaw. The forces created in a turn when on the gass push the bead locks against the shock mount in the arms. Aluminim is worse because it has no give so there for it will eventually square out the bead locks, or in my case break one, or 2. I will be cutting the end of the shock mount on the arm then rounding it of to try to help with this alittle.

Another thing learned, stock arms suck. No matter what brand. I'm going to be buying RPM's all the way around here before long, probally before the next run just to be safe. I couldnt belive that the little collision we had snaped it like butter.

Lastly, 40 weight is to much for the rear arms to support oil wise, they need a lighter viscosity. I will be bleeding my system and going to 20 as soon as I get my shafts. And ramtec springs are to heavy for track use, black stock springs are fine.

So yesterday was a learning experice, and now that I slept on it, I'm not so mad I broke all kinds of stuff, more so happy that I got the inside scoop on a factory setup, and got to drive a factory set up car(which compared to mine, is night and day). O'neil brothers is getting a call from my ass in 3 weeks I know that.

Oh and Timmahh, I saw you post over at hbf, looks like you guys had a ball too. And broke less stuff then we did lol!

Back