Body clips?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h8z2luze

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
When it comes to body clips I am tired of using my pliers to pull them out. I know bending them helps but is there a way to put maybe a tab on them that is strong enough to yank on to get them out? Some guy at the LHS said something about using fuel line and a zip tie?

I usually drill out my body posts and use the proper sized hair pin. Well I call them hair pins anyway. They are actually called hitchpins.

Last edited:
SWEET!!!! Thanks! Guess I should have researched it first huh...

Yeap. Just loop a zip-tie around the clip and then slip a .5" piece of fuel tube over the tie. Then cut the "zipper" part off another zip tie and slide that over the tie on the clip. Then you've got a grip :D

Proline also makes some clip pulls.

EDIT: well, while my internet was having a temporary hiccup, it looks like someone beat me to it.

I second the zip tie mod. All my clips have that.

Not that it matters but which one are you going to use?

Never tried it myself. I just like to drill them out because I live on a farm and have tons lying around. I guess do whatever suites your situation...

I dont think I get what your saying... The pic you posted looks the same as body clips...

It's hard enough getting one zip tie through a piece of fuel tube but putting two is gonna be insane. That's why I suggested it that way :whistle:

yeah but the ones I posted were supposed to be 3/4" long. They are bigger and easier to grab. But I do like the purple or pink dangly think hanging off the clips.

It's hard enough getting one zip tie through a piece of fuel tube but putting two is gonna be insane. That's why I suggested it that way :whistle:

That IMO is a better idea than the washers and all that.

ya I seen those pro line pulls thats also a good idea.

how do they work?

There is a hole you put the pin thru then the flat part is what you pull on.

like this....
PL6051_small.jpg

Back