Baja 5b exhaust

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pdreyer1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Just bought the baja 5b, but i think it could some more power. I have removed the extended pipe from the muffler. Acceleration became much better but i still think it could use a little more. I saw on this site that i can buy some tuned pipes, but they are quite expensive. Are they worth it? Do anyone have experience with the X - cans - I think that they fit better on the Baja.

I installed the X-Can and the fit was perfect. Certainly makes it look cleaner than the stamped stocker.

Works great, but I can't comment on a performance difference since I never ran it with the stock muffler.

Also, the pullstart housing cover is a must. Keeps debris from clogging the pullstart.

Thank you, i have already ordered an X-can. If not better than the stock muffler, it looks cool at least.

I have also ordered cover for the pulstart (it jammed the first day i ran the car), the shocks and the air filter. I don't know how the dirt is where you live, but i Denmark we have a lot of clay in the dirt, and when it dries up it becomes almost like cement :constipat .
I hope that these covers will save me from some cleaning. Maybe, i should wait until summer where there is less moisture in the air - but it is still new. I guess that i have to drive it :LoL: . Do anyone know if i can by on-road tyres for the Baja?

No tires are available for the stock Baja wheels yet. But maybe someday there will be some.:surrender

As far as the X-Can goes...which one did you get? I like the rear exit can. I have the side exit can and converted it to the rear exit. Here is a pic of my X-Can installation.

bajarearci9.jpg

I have ordered the one with rear exhaust - just like yours, but i haven't got it yet. I did'nt order the extension tubes, because I thought that they would limit the power just like the extension on the stock muffler did. Maybe I'm wrong. I can see that you have added those as well?
Anyway I think that i have some silicone tube in my home stock that will fit. I can try it.

Good choice on the X-Can. Mine is a side exit can that I converted to rear exit. The thing of it is...without some sort of extensions I have heard of some guys getting dirt in the engine thru the small outlets on the X-Can. So to avoid this I put the silicone extensions on mine.

That looks pretty good... I think I'm gonna have to get a X-can. I was gonna get a Jet Pro but up here in Canada the cost of getting one just isnt fesable(sp?). With duty and stuff its too much money.