Bad Experiences/Crashes Share them here!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ill get pic of my rec in tonight, but my buddie wrecked his maxx just got finnished building it to sell and he went out and test drove it and he must not have put the crystal in all the way and if fell out when the truck was wide open and it hook off at full speed and hit a tree took the whole front side off along whith a bunch of other stuff and blew the motor, so now he has to rebuild it again if he guna try to sell it. He is not going to make any money on that truck anymore:microwave

I was playing on my dirt bike track after I put a diff radio in, I guess I did not put the cyristel in all the way and I was coming up to a 100 foot table top and about 10 feet away I lost signal. My car was going about 45-50 mph when it went airborn, Everything was in slowmo from there on. I was standing at the end of the jump, so I droped my radio and went Running:jet: to where I thought it was going to land, but I was still to close. When it was above my head I jumped to try and catch it, but was just out of reach.:OMG: As the rear wheel went by It touched my finger(OUCH) It did the trick thou. It ended up landing on it's right rear wheel and danced for a little bit then flipped:dance:
That almost gave me a heart attack:sick: as if would have landed and kept going it would have hit the burm(corner) and landed in brush that is so thick I would have taken at least 20 mins to get to it. or if it went far enough It would have landed in the duck pond.(A pond the we use to water the track)

heres a pic of my wrec i was drinkin and umm yea i hit a retaining wall i missed judged the turn and yep it was fun fixin it tho. GO vikes :Minnesota_Vikings: broken maxx1.JPG

broken maxx.JPG

the worst i wrecked my car was driving a rustler on the street not very good on handling they are hard to controle top speed and cliped the curb broke the rear a arms bent the struts on it and bent the chasisi

my first rc truck i braught was a 1/10 scale bsd racing truck i thaught it was awsome! i was ruuning it in an had about 1 tank threw it and was on my second tank when all of a suddenly it just tock off on me full noise doing donuts here i was running round in circles trying to catch it ha ha ha yeh right that didnt happen!!!!! man i would have looked like an idiot ha, it straightend up and headed full noise into a concrete drain that was just big enough for it to fit an got wedged in it motor still running full noise until it slowly died an stoped, i had broken both front armes smashed shock tower, bent a shock, cracked the front diff and both front tires were screwed and broke pretty much every steering component BOOH and the engine was deffinitly run in afta tha! to my amazement the motor still started up and once i fixed all the broken bits it was a rocket, morell of the story ALWAYS get a fail safe first!!!!!!

As promised, in my previous post back when i was a newbie, i have a crash story! :D

Anyway, i checked my plug, saw it was running rich, so i decided i'd tune it, by running it up and down the road. All was going well, i sorted it all out and got it running really good! Everything was perfect! Then, as a took off, it wizzed past me, and as a turned around to follow it, i lost sight of it for merely a second, and saw it headed for a fire hydrant post(fat wooden stake in ground), i turned, but i wasn't quick enough, ka blam! I hit it with the left
wheel, instantly i could see id broken the upper A Arm, and bent a shock cap.
I should have stopped beforehand, as things didnt go well for me before and after the crash, i was walkign across the lawn, Tx in hand, and wtf owwwww, i look at my heel and i have a big ass stick wedged about 2cm sieways into my heel! So i pull it out and kep driving. Then, as i go to take pics for you guys, camera dies -.- borrowed some batters from the tx, and they got stuck!!!!! >: (
So i had to grab tem with pliers! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
I'd say the buggy was going about 35-40 kph, so i guess i was lucky i didnt break more! Still, not really happy, considering i dont have a LHS!!!!!!!
Argh!!

Second one was just funny, i was driving my buggy around the backyard, jumping the garden path. Once you land you have to turn right pretty quickly, as the garden path goes to the shed which is in front of the jump about 5 metres up , and something has sunk and as a result i have a huge curb in my backyard straight after my jump.
Anyway, I've never had a problem with the jump, dad comes out an watches occasionally. Anyway, he asks for a go, and seeing as he drives it quite often with no problems i let him have a go. Hes burning round the backyard havin fun, but i can tell hes trying to get a few runs at the jump as hes cuttin laps, so by the 3rd lap hes really winding it up, and at the stage my brakes were on and off in the way they worked, so dad takes a good run at it, hits the jump, and lands on the throttle, no steering, BANG!!!!!!!! My buggy hits this curb head on at about 50! Flips end over and about 10 times or more, revving high, lands halfways up the cubby house steps. I go over, kill the engine and inspect the damage, wait, what damage??? Is completly fine!! I couldnt belive it! So i walk out of this a very happy kid!

Third story isnt really a crash, but again i found it funny. Its christmas, and i have my uncle coming over, real engine bloke so i deliberatly leave the buggy on the back table so he sees it :D Lol. So him and my cousin(20) are watching it shred up the backyard and there jaws have well and truely dropped, i give them ago, no breakages, but the flipped it a hell of a lot of times, but, my uncle flips it and my cousin runs out to flip it back, so whats my uncle do? He chases my cousin with it :D!! Anyway, when it stalled from tank running dry i was very relieved as i could see something breakin soon lol.
Anyway, theres my contribution!

Yep.

reciver batterys were going dead, and i didnt have my fail safe hooked up, i got really lucky on this one, i drove it up the street and seen it take off, I ran the other way, didnt look back and ran like hell. I sat the controller down, then went running up the street to find it, i couldnt find it at first, then i seen it, Luckly, it hit a curb, and flew into a friends yard and was stuck upside down WOT. Nothin broke, luckly,

we had just parked our trailer on the street. it was right next to my jump. i went off the jump wrong and hit the trailer right on the gas tank. i was going about 20-25 in my tmaxx. i look at it and thank god i bought a roll cage. there was no damage what so ever.

I just got a new exhaust and anaconda tires for my nitro sport and later in the day i was doing some high speed runs with my new 3.3 engine and what do you know i hit my dang truck and the whole front end of my sport exploded, my tires are still good, but it put a big dent in my new $45 exhaust. So its a good thing I went to that Kansas city swap meet and got me a t-maxx but it don't steer as good :(

my ofna lx1 has crappy eletronics i drove it up the street after fixing the rear end and lost signal went through 4 yards hit the side of a curb and fliped upside down luckly i broke nothing

Wow, that's a lot of carnage, and more than half of it seems to happen when someone else is driving it (esp. g/f's). I can say one thing for sure, my g/f is never getting her hands on that control, she has enough crashes in real cars.

As for the other half of the crashes... all I can say is, I'm glad I fitted a fail safe.

My first BIG crash happened this sunday. Met a couple of mates at a skatepark they were on bmx and i took my monster truck. It had been raining in the morning and i went at about 12 so it was still wet. Wet+metal ramps=extremely slippery. i had been there about 15 minutes doin some small jumps and decide to go up top to the rollin,(a verticle ramp) The first 2 times i do the ramp spot on then my cousin shouts 'Backflip' so I've got it at the top of the ramp and thought id try it. Went down the rollin and up the ramp infront. Gave it the beanz and ended up missing the ramp and landed upside down on the concrete. My dad flipped it over and its still running but not respondid very much. I ran down the ramp and we stopped it. Total damage, 3 cylinder head fins bent ruined body and broken battery pack.:whhooo::\

broke my slash chassis by jumping 2 x-factor ramps and i cased it bad
destroyed my chassis haha
now its just been sittin here
what a waste of $220

Attachments

• IMGP0133.JPG
    IMGP0133.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMGP0134.JPG
    IMGP0134.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMGP0135.JPG
    IMGP0135.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMGP0136.JPG
    IMGP0136.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 123
It was like the first week I had my t-maxx and I had made a track in my back yard in the snow and it was really slippery. Landing off one of the jumps I hamered the throttle and went completly sideways and smack a stump and broke a lower a-arms, bent two shocks, and be a tie rod.

Almost full throttle on my steet. Might have been Early signs of my steering servo failing ( it failed 2 days later) But for some reason the Buggy turned right into a lowered Van. Got weddged under it all the way to the spoiler. I couldn't pull it out. The owner had to come out and raise his air bags. About $200 in damage to the Bumper. I had a fail safe on it but like I said I think the servo was just starting to fail. Never the less I will not drive any nitro on my street from now on...

I had just got my old 1/16 Traxxas Slash out and it was on a porch and I gave it full throttle and it hit a support beam and snapped in half. it was only doing about 10 mph but it hit hard.
I got out my old brushed 1/16 Traxxas Slash and it was on a porch, I gave it full throttle to jump off, it hit a support and snapped in half. I was only doing about 15. I epoxied it back together because I did not want to spend any money on it. still going after 1 year of hard bashing!

Last edited:
Got my old Hot Bodies Lightning 2 rr out a few weeks ago after about 12 years, replaced some worn bits and it started up perfectly. Took it out the same day and with in 20 mins crashed into a post sticking just out of the ground. Snapped the lower suspension arm and sheared the head of one of the front shocks. Good news is that i got to replace them for better parts so not too bad :)