Back on the Pedals

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is with all you freaks and your Subaru's? 🤣
Love my Subie. Goes places a car has no right to go, to the point coming back down has been sketchy a few times. Handles pretty well on the pavement, and gets an honest 30mpg average.

This is my second one, that's my Mom's Outback on the carport. I was visiting for Mother's Day.

My fav Subaru is this: A WRX / STI

Its a cool sedan., AWD, turbo charged, 2.4L I4.

Screenshot 2023-05-15 2.32.50 PM.png

I'm not a fan of the new WRX at all. IMHO Subaru ruined this gen WRX looks-wise. And there is no STI anymore, they killed it off.
I agree. I like the 90s to early 00s subarus and rally cars. Stuff like that.

Mr's Doom has the Wilderness Edition Outback, I have a sport Crosstrek. We love 'em too. 😍
Mrs. Doom. LOL

Nice! Does the sport have X mode? My first one didn't have it, and going into our gun range meant a running start, as there's a place where two tires aren't touching. With X mode engaged the new one just crawls right up.

What color did you get?

It's the best bang for the buck for an AWD!
I just got my Impreza less than 2 weeks ago and Mrs. Xraycer got her Forester in January. All 3 of our kids are now driving, the prices of used cars being ridiculous, and our current vehicles in high milage, it made sense for us to just get new vehicles for ourselves and hand down our current vehicles.

Yep, has X mode.
IMG_20221112_151447202_HDR.jpg

Mrs. Doom. LOL

Nice! Does the sport have X mode? My first one didn't have it, and going into our gun range meant a running start, as there's a place where two tires aren't touching. With X mode engaged the new one just crawls right up.

What color did you get?

Something I've always wondered about hitch mounted bike racks, can you get a ticket for blocking your license plate? I know it's unlikely, but I've wondered about it.
Have you ever gotten a ticket for a trailer blocking your tag?
The bike should be ready for pick up tomorrow or Thursday….I hope. It’s been a long week of waiting.

Finally, got on the trail today! The trails are mostly dry with just low lying area that always collect all the rain.
I thought with a few weeks of not riding that I was going to be gassed. I wasn't. I had a fairly strong ride.
Had one wipe out, and the new shin guards did their job of protection from those cool, but evil new pedals. Well, the shins were unscathed, but not so much the right inner thigh. I guess those pedals are now officially christened.
20230424_181501.jpg

20230515_162829.jpg

I always wanted a manual boxer motor in a current chevy colorado.
Finally, got on the trail today! The trails are mostly dry with just low lying area that always collect all the rain.
I thought with a few weeks of not riding that I was going to be gassed. I wasn't. I had a fairly strong ride.
Had one wipe out, and the new shin guards did their job of protection from those cool, but evil new pedals. Well, the shins were unscathed, but not so much the right inner thigh. I guess those pedals are now officially christened.
View attachment 165597

View attachment 165598
Once they taste blood they crave it. Should have got black pedals. 😆 I slipped off the pegs of a Kawasaki KFX 450r. The sarated edge did a number through my jeans.

View attachment 165597

View attachment 165598

I don't know of any one who makes thigh pads but I think it would be awkward riding in hockey gear. :p

Over the years I've probably left a couple of pounds of flesh behind while riding. Even with the flesh wound I'm jealous, you got to get out and ride.

I don't know of any one who makes thigh pads but I think it would be awkward riding in hockey gear. :p

Over the years I've probably left a couple of pounds of flesh behind while riding. Even with the flesh wound I'm jealous, you got to get out and ride.
Hockey gear are for girly men.
Screenshot_20230515_221448.jpg

Then you would be better off riding your bike. 🤣
They make bike racks for smart cars too. And I've never had a cop bat an eye about my bike obscuring my tag. In my experience, most cops are like us, be respectful to them and they'll treat you with the same.

uFE7VVz.jpg
'Course they make bike racks for Smart cars - if you can weld a hitch on a car, you can attach a rack on it...

That means I can tow my yacht on my Smart car 😜
Crosstrek and an Outback! 🤣
My old man had a 2016 (around that time) STI, it was pretty sick
I'm not a fan of the new WRX at all. IMHO Subaru ruined this gen WRX looks-wise. And there is no STI anymore, they killed it off.
It does look kinda goofy - the STI/WRX was always known for it's aggressive styling and the big ol' wing
Have you ever gotten a ticket for a trailer blocking your tag?
The bike should be ready for pick up tomorrow or Thursday….I hope. It’s been a long week of waiting.
We've driven with the rack many times, never had any issues. I don't even think cops notice, as long as you don't do like three times the speed limit

Last edited:
Got out for an after work ride yesterday. Happy to report of no mishaps or carnage.
The nearby, small trail system I ride is a densely wooded area, therefore gets pretty bad with flying, biting bugs once they all fully emerge. But, for now it's been excellent riding conditions: low bugs, low heat, and low humidity. It won't last much longer though with summer coming right around the corner. Gonna enjoy it while it lasts.

Back