Anyone have a Miss Budweiser Boat?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCNorris

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My wife is going to be getting me a nitro boat for my birthday and I was really digging the miss bud boat, anybody have any first hand opinions? and how hard is it to put a bigger engine in a boat?

I had one, but here in NY there is really no place to run it so I sold it. They are really cool boats, but my only complaint with them is they can only turn right at wot, to turn left you have to slow it down. And you need to run a hydro on pretty smooth flat water. I am sure you could put a bigger engine in it fairly easily, but you need to make sure whichever engine you go with has a water cooled head.

The Miss Budweiser is no longer being made, I think due to liscensing, now they have the Miss Lumar or a generic no name sponsored boat. You would have to find old stock someplace for the Budweiser boat.

I was thinking eBay, so I could get one with some extra parts and whatnot

never had one of those boats, but i did have a nitro boat back in the day. it was a pain in the neck. stalling in the midle of the lake, tuning them in the water, just wasn't fun retriving them. if i get another boat it will be a large scale so i dont have to worry about swimming..

Just get detailed pics. The hull is fiberglass and if it has been run aground or in to rocks you can tear holes in the hull, also ask for pics of where the wing attaches, if flipped or crashed they can break there. The stock dynamite engine that comes in them actually scoot that boat across the water pretty damn good.

A few things you will want to upgrade is the prop, it comes with a plastic prop but you can pick u a metal prop pretty cheap. Also the drain hole for the cooling head is just drilled through the hull, you'll want to pick up the fitting that goes through ther to attach the outflow hose to. And you will want to add auto bailers to the back of the hull, this will help get any water that gets in to the hull out while you are running.

dude i almost got one of these off of ebay 2 years ago. it went for 99 bucks minus the radio

Back