any of you have order something on ebay?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys, i just want to share this with you...i order my truck on ebay, the seller is "the_traxxas_guy" the worst nightmare can i have is knowing that i will not received my truck and i have lost 400$ this really sucks...i don't know if one of you have purschase from this guy by chance...

I just purchased my truck off of EBay, a couple weeks ago from a dealer on there. All went well. I spent $320 on mine through Paypal. I guess really when you spend the money you and I spent through the Internet through EBay or where ever else, you realize your taking a risk, and just hope to you know what, it goes well! But for your situation, I hope you get your money back.

Truck-1.jpg

Last edited:
With all the money paypal has made from us over the years i don't understand why they don't get the lawyers and get the lost money back to protect their buyers...
They already have all the details of the seller -his name,address,bank details etc

It just goes to show they are just money grabbing greedy pigs.

I am really sorry for all those who lost money due to this.. it just isn't right :(

Last edited:
:angry:Contact the BBB (better business bureau) also your local news station( hell contact the good morning america show. I am sure Ebay, and Paypal both would be real happy to settle you problem after that news hit the public. For that matter post a video of your situation on youtube. I know you think it might sound like bs, but no company that size wants there rep smeared in the media over $1000 bucks.

This is most disturbing sense I have been looking on ebay for electric 1:10 and 1:18 scale trucks. I have noticed that some of the pics for 1:18 and 1:32 scale would have a few picks of a totaly different truck model than the one u were looking at.

When you go to spend that kind of money on ebay you have to look at more than just their feedback %. This guy had under 200 comments left, sure he was at 100% positive, but that low number of transactions should be considered as well. I know we're out there looking for good prices on these rigs, but I'd much rather spend $50 extra on someone with thousands of comments left. The guy I bought my Revo from had been on ebay since 1999 and had over 10,000 comments left and he was above 95% positive. That tells me that he's not going anywhere soon and is most likely a trustworthy seller. The "best deals" are not always the best if you're left holding nothing when it's all said and done.

When you go to spend that kind of money on ebay you have to look at more than just their feedback %. This guy had under 200 comments left, sure he was at 100% positive, but that low number of transactions should be considered as well. I know we're out there looking for good prices on these rigs, but I'd much rather spend $50 extra on someone with thousands of comments left. The guy I bought my Revo from had been on ebay since 1999 and had over 10,000 comments left and he was above 95% positive. That tells me that he's not going anywhere soon and is most likely a trustworthy seller. The "best deals" are not always the best if you're left holding nothing when it's all said and done.

this some good advice, I'll keep this in mind.;)

i had a conversation with an ebuyer that have deal with traxxas guy, and he got a full refund back of 400$ by paypal....

I ordered my car off ebay along with some new arms. Everything was there and well packaged. Plus I received a great deal on my first rig. The only downside was wondering if I was going to get everything in the first place and not get scammed.

Yeah that’s insightful. Anyway, I guess the point of my post was not to solicit the obvious reply but simply to state the obvious “buyer beware”.

My reply was not directed at anyone in particular so I'm not sure why you are quoting what I posted. I was just posting my personal feelings on the subject of buying items on ebay.

As was I.

Yes, but when you quote what I said and call it 'insightful' and the 'obvious response', sounds more like a 'jab' than a comment intended for everyone. No harm, no foul.

Yeah that’s insightful. Anyway, I guess the point of my post was not to solicit the obvious reply but simply to state the obvious “buyer beware”. And perhaps to gather any additional information from people that are actually involved in the situation. Unfortunately for most of those people it probably won’t go any further than “golly I lost my money on ebay”.
As this goes on, it’s becoming more and more apparent to me why these kinds of scams are so abundant on ebay. Ebay and PayPal protect sellers/cash cows as much as they can. The reasons are obvious. Scams like this are very profitable to ebay/paypal as well as the sellers. So if any of you have got a little scam you’d like to perpetrate I would recommend proceeding with it immediately. Short of someone coming to your home and murdering you, (which is unlikely) nothing will be done at all. So scam away my friends I’ll be there with cash in hand. ;)

A few of the_traxxas_guy transactions were covered by paypal for $2000, but most were $200.

WOW. why are you sayin to go ahead and scam people bro. Thats not kool at all.

P.S. Karma....

WOW. why are you sayin to go ahead and scam people bro. Thats not kool at all.

P.S. Karma....

I don't think he's trying to say go out and scam people, but I think he's pointing out the fact that ebay and paypal are 'in bed' together and not really as concerned about protecting the buyer as they are the seller and their profits. At least that's my take on his post.

So many forum threads come to this, and it always makes me shake my head in wonder. I don't want to continue a back and forth "I said, you said" so let me just end it with, I apologize if you were offended in any way by my comments. Perhaps this whole thing has affected me more than I realize.

Yes I am saying that. But only facetiously. I was really trying to point out that, literally no one wants to do anything to remedy these types of situations. It's almost as if it's just accepted and it's ok to do. Apparently it's not against the law because if it were, law enforcement would surely do something about it, right? Paypal won't even give up the guys address, all ebay will give up is a useless cell phone number and even more useless e-mail addy.
Evidently I'm just full of offensive comments.:

Pretty good take.

Anyone seen this? You've gotta read at least to about the middle of page 3 but its just an example of what goes on out there.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-ite...-cars-sale-willing-seperate-need-go-fast.html

Okay yeah i understand that theres the opportunity of doing this but if this has really happened to you, you would understand why I'm being offended by you telling people to do it. And it is against the law because its theft and fraud agaist the buyer. If you feel like you could stoop the the modern days robber or stealing hoodlem and try this thats your peace of cake. But I DO believe you mess someone and take away from them then youll have double taken away from you sometime later. JMO... :angry:

Oh yeah sorry its ten times....

Sorry Joe, not sure I can make him understand that you weren't hoping people would go out and rip off others, but just stating the fact that it's pretty easy to do with little or no ramifications............. with the help of Evilbay and Paypal. :hehe:

I don't think he's trying to say go out and scam people, but I think he's pointing out the fact that ebay and paypal are 'in bed' together and not really as concerned about protecting the buyer as they are the seller and their profits. At least that's my take on his post.

I dont know if you guys know this or not, but E-Bay bought Pay-Pal awhile back.

Yep, that was my in bed reference. I've had a few issues with Paypal recently, never did before, until Evilbay bought them.