any of you have order something on ebay?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsiap

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey guys, i just want to share this with you...i order my truck on ebay, the seller is "the_traxxas_guy" the worst nightmare can i have is knowing that i will not received my truck and i have lost 400$ this really sucks...i don't know if one of you have purschase from this guy by chance...

did you see his feedback? he has 17 bad messages. personally i wouldnt buy form him just for that.

OMG! I almost bought from this guy about a month ago!!!! Thank God i didnt!

did you see his feedback? he has 17 bad messages. personally i wouldnt buy form him just for that.

yeah i know now he got 17 bad message... but the time i bought the truck he has 100% positive feedback

You bought something from him? Did you get it?

buy something before the truck you mean? if so no... only the truck, but i didn't received it...

i have to dispute all that crap with paypal right now...

Thats big bad juju for him. lol... sorry for you losing your money, youll get it back paypals pretty good with there stuff...

I bought my truck from ebay, spending $400 on that site is just scary to me. I made sure the person that had the item up for auction had been around awhile. You can't just go by feedback rating. The guy I bought from had well over 15,000 sells and had been on ebay since the late 1990's, in addition to a good feedback rating. I truly hope you get your money back and find another truck to buy.

Yeah, after seeing all his flaming feedback, I can't imagine I would even think of buying from him...

I just went through a sketchy ebay purchase for a friend of mine. Worked out ok, but the person selling/shipping didn't know a thing about RC and was selling for her "son"... I was terrified my buddy was going to get burned... but 12 days after I paid, the truck showed up and as I went through the box, I was pleasantly surprised of all that was included.

Sorry to hear your dealing with a parasite. Good luck!

Yeah, after seeing all his flaming feedback, I can't imagine I would even think of buying from him...

I just went through a sketchy ebay purchase for a friend of mine. Worked out ok, but the person selling/shipping didn't know a thing about RC and was selling for her "son"... I was terrified my buddy was going to get burned... but 12 days after I paid, the truck showed up and as I went through the box, I was pleasantly surprised of all that was included.

Sorry to hear your dealing with a parasite. Good luck!

i just get a dispute filed from paypal...

What happens next

The seller has been asked to respond by Aug. 1, 2008. Once we receive the information, we'll continue our review of this case

i have to wait at least 8 days... just for reviewing my case ...lol

If he already withdrew the money from his account your screwed! I have had to file two disputes through paypal, I won both of them and still haven't received a penny from either one...One was for $220.00 and the other was for $450.00.

I hope you have better luck.

I wouldnt even waste the time waiting for paypal. There time "reviewing your case" could take weeks. To only find out his account is empty and your screwed. Id call his local police department. Let them take care of it. They take internet fraud VERY seriously.

hey guys, i just want to share this with you...i order my truck on ebay, the seller is "the_traxxas_guy" the worst nightmare can i have is knowing that i will not received my truck and i have lost 400$ this really sucks...i don't know if one of you have purschase from this guy by chance...

Hey did you read his 'ABOUT ME' page?? it says this..

ATTENTION PLEASE!

THIS BUSINESS WAS BUILT ON A DROP SHIPPING METHOD. THIS MEANS THAT YOU PAY FOR THE TRUCKS AND I SEND THE MONEY TO MY DISTRIBUTOR, AND THEY IN TURN SEND YOU THE PRODUCT. I STARTED DOING THIS IN 2004 AND HAS WORKED UP UNTIL RECENTLY. I HAVE THE PAST FEEDBACK TO WHICH SPEAKS FOR ITSELF.

DUE TO THE HIGH AMOUNT OF SALES HERE ON EBAY, PAYPAL HAS DECIDED NOT TO ALLOW THE TRAXXAS GUY TO DO BUSINESS THIS WAY. I WAS TOLD THAT IT IS TOO MUCH MONEY COMING IN AND OUT FOR THEM TO CONTROL. SO THEY BLOCKED MY ACCOUNT. I CAN STILL RECIEVE MONEY FOR THESE AUCTIONS BUT I CAN NOT TOUCH THE MONEY, HENSE, I CAN NOT ORDER YOUR PRODUCTS AT THIS TIME.

FOR THOSE WHO DID RECIEVE YOUR PRODUCT, ENJOY THE BENEFITS OF A GETTING THE GREAT DEAL.

FOR YOU WHO HAVE NOT RECIEVED YOUR TRUCKS, PLEASE FILE DISPUTE WITH PAYPAL STATING YOU HAVE NOT RECIEVED YOUR PRODUCT. THEY IN TURN WILL GRANT YOU REFUND IF YOU QUALIFY FOR BUYERS PROTECTION. I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE FOR THIS EXTREME INCONVENIENCE. I AM A LEGITIMATE BUSINESS MAN YET PAYPAL WILL NOT LET ME DROP SHIP ANY LONGER. LEAVE WHATEVER FEEDBACK YOU WANT BECAUSE THE TRAXXAS GUY IS OFFICIALLY "OUT OF BUSINESS".

DUE TO LARGE NUMBER OF SALES, I WILL NOT ANSWER ANY PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS. PLEASE DIRECT ALL INQUIRIES TO PAYPAL.

THANK YOU.

If this really is true and ' THE TRAXXAS GUY IS OFFICIALLY "OUT OF BUSINESS".' then why didn't he remove all auctions of these trucks... ?

Last edited:
Wow, I almost bought a truck from him, but he was hell bent on a price and I drug my feet...good thing for me....I hope you get your Ducketts back

I too was one that got screwed by him. I bought 2 revos. He had awesome feedback when I bid on them, a week later he gets shut down. I got a claim open with paypal. Mine states he has until July 30th to respond.

did your dispute with paypal has escalated to a claim? i saw this in my "status"

yes it has. Just waiting now till the 30th and see what happens. I was told if you call paypal and talk to someone you maybe able to move things quicker. I work too much and don't have the time to spend on the phone, on their business hours.

Status

This item not received dispute has been escalated to a claim.

We requested additional information from the seller about this transaction.

What happens next

The seller has been asked to respond by Jul. 30, 2008. Once we receive the information, we'll continue our review of this case.

Back