Another computer build.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stripped the one that crapped on me for loose parts. That was a $1200 tower.
This one will outperform that by a long shot, and so far I only have about $600 in it if you don't count the hard drives and burners.

Did you do all your shopping from Newegg or get parts from various suppliers?

My SSD I just ordered from Amazon cause it was about $20 cheaper than Newegg, so now I'm thinking about seeing what I'd save from getting the rest of my pc components from various places though getting one massive box from Newegg sure is convenient. :D

I was about to buy the case through Newegg, then did a quick look through ebay and got it for $50 less. Really lucked out on that. He won it in a geek raffle.
Everything else I got from Newegg. I've used them before and trust them explicitly.
I got 3 separate boxes from them, filled with cool toys. :hehe:

I couldn't find much difference in the price + shipping on the motherboard or CPU, and I also knew the egg shipped instantly.

Which ssd. Running a 120gb Kingston hyper x sata 3 here.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Good deal. That's a great drive. I have the older series on a few machines. 320 I think...

When I upgrade to an i5 or i7, I'll also be adding an SSD just for the OS and some major programs. All my files will be on HHDs until they, too, become obsolete. I've already given away everything I have that uses IDE cables.

I just had my last IDE device shoot craps. It was an old HP DVD-RW. Thank goodness I had a spare SATA DVD-RW lying around.

This is what I'm thinking about at the moment, still need to do some more searching on the motherboard, but everything I've seen so far is that it will work for my needs. The only thing not shown is a new video card (which I'll just carry over my existing card) and a second Samsung SSD which will be here tomorrow.

That's quite a selection WoodiE. No lights? Good luck with the build. It's just as enjoyable as building an RC.

This one is now buttoned up and on my desk, 8 fans running and I can hardly hear it.
It's fast and it's beautiful and custom built for a lot less than something off the shelf.

(Pats self on back, again)

Last edited:
OMG! Rolex is using something he built for its intended purpose and isn't just setting it on a shelf and waxing it daily!

You are WRONG, bacon breath. It's not on a shelf, but on my desk and it's been waxed twice already. :bling:

How did you know what I have breakfast? lol

An i5 quad oc'd is just as good performance wise as an i7.

How did you know what I have breakfast? lol
I went by the name hamz. :)

So far I approve of this monster 100%. Last night I set up the 5.1 surround and tweaked it in. I haven't installed KnifeEdge Real Flight yet, but that will be the ultimate test for graphics.

The case came with a card reader, but I have no idea how to install it. I tried it last night and it's not finding it. Any info on that?

The one I have plugs into a usb header on the mobo.

I got a monitor for sale just for you Ralph.

:D

MONO-MONITOR-LITEBURN-LITEYELLOW3.jpg

The one I have plugs into a usb header on the mobo.

I did some research and that's what I found out. I might need an adapter for it. The connections coming out of the front panes are one unit. A three prong plug, and a one prong plug labeled 'ground'.

I got a monitor for sale just for you Ralph.

:D

MONO-MONITOR-LITEBURN-LITEYELLOW3.jpg

Is it green or amber? I only like the green CRTs.

Can you toss up a pic? Def sounds like usb

Back