is it dead?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannyd

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
like 30 minutes ago i just got finished making my first ramp. i got all excited and what not to drive my 18b on it. i bring the ramp and 18b out. i got to jump it twice. as i was getting ready to go again the car died. i bring the car in to find out what happened. i go through all the trouble shooting and nothing. the ecs was fine. the mesh was right. i took the motor out and plug it to a spare battery pack i have liing around and nothing happened to the motor ( didnt go or nothing).

my question is my motor done with? i probably had around 45 run maybe more.

Try taking the end bell off the motor and seeing if everything looks good internally. I'd also make sure the wires and their respective connectors are in good shape. Sounds to me the motor isn't getting any juice, so you'll need to trace the energy flow and see where it may be stopping.

i checked the wires they are all good. I'm about to check the inside of the motor.

Make sure the little ears on the motor where the wires connect to are still attached. I've cracked an ear on my Revo's E-Z start and didn't realize it until I took the wire off.

i got it open. i found the problem. one of the brushes were broken.

now i have a reason to get a better motor.

Last edited:
i just upgraded to mamba and my esc is blown so my old motor is useless to me want it?

free? sure. i have a mamba on the way that emptied my wallet clean. so I'm broke

yea i don't need it i have a broken esc u have a broken motor then atleast one of us could get use out of it :p pm ur address

thanks bro. this should help me start a project I've wanted to do for a while. thanks again

Back