Where are all the MGT owners????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M C STORM

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
This forum is dead, where are all the MGT owners at ??? :shrug:

Had one and thus far is still my favorite truck. Very potent racer and great basher.

I had one... but just sold it for a LST! Still need to break in the LST, soon as I do it's either going to be sold or kept than maybe another MGT will be bought....

right here I'm a proud owner of mgt its right there with the savage savage is a great basher mgt is a great racer lst is a good basher :cheers: got all three of them and my favrite is the mgt and then the savage and lst is last :cheers:

I own a MGT and i guess the only reason nobody post in the mgt forum is because there is nothing to talk about it it is perfect i have had no problems at all. I think its a great truck eventhough it is my first and only truck. It is so awsome

Who wants to buy an associated vehicle made by Thunder Tiger, BLAH! LST is the best do your homework and you'll see! :2cents:

MAXXFX what makes the LST the best? :rolleyes: Everyone was talking about the LST before it came out, how it was gonna take over and all...where are they now? LOL :shrug:
I'm sure you like your truck and that's cool...but rather than just say oh "mine is the best" your truck sucks" :preachin: etc. it would be nice if you provide us with something to back up your opinion.

Anyways, I think as of now, the Savage is ruling the Monster Truck world :smoke: :) . Just basing it from the numerous sites that focus only on the savage out there. Even the maxx is obsolete now :)

Before I forget, here's my MGT. :D
mgtdawgs27ll.jpg

Only changes are the FOC conversion and the dual tank mod. RPM arms.

mgttanks0ar.jpg

Monster Flip said:
Only changes are the FOC conversion and the dual tank mod. RPM arms.

mgttanks0ar.jpg
You should consider the dual disk conversion and replacing the towers to HCR. Also there is a RPM axle carrier from a tmaxx set up that you can use but need to shim it properly.

Do u know where i could find the dual disk brake and dual fuel tank mod write ups? thanx.

maxxFX said:
Who wants to buy an associated vehicle made by Thunder Tiger, BLAH! LST is the best do your homework and you'll see! :2cents:

I'll keep the MGT over the LST anyday!
Keep the change.

This is why the LST is best!

I never said I had anything against any trucks, just that the lst is far superior to the mgt it would take all night to list the reasons, engine, radio equip, suspension, thats just a start, and I agree with you on the savage I own one that my son runs and it is by far the bashing king!!!!!!

maxx, how are the diffs/tranny? I heard some LST owners complaining about them...but judging from the pic above, lol i'm guessing yours are fine :D or had been upgraded already :) ...I like the LST shocks...my bro even put them on his Savage :)...the radio without a doubt is way better than any radio gear that comes with any other RTR trucks...but then again, that is why it's almost $600 :).

I'm still curious to know from owners how the LST is...how it handles and how durable it is...there's just not much LST owners around.

We're still around - just with the nice weather, everyone is out enjoying their RC's - fortunately, the MGT's don't break too often, so there aren't a ton of posts.

Here's mine - sporting a 6/6 nylon cage (this was my first try, so i'll be building a neater one eventually) and running a CEN 7.7 pipe (the only viable rear-mount tuned pipe for the 8.0, IMO) - it REALLY opens her up and i don't notice any discernible low end loss - still has vicious low and middle range. Perfect match if you ask me.

anyways - pic as she sits now + pic of the pipe (ignore the clear tubing - that's been replaced with much heavier silicon - i was using it mainly for mock up)
bz77924.jpg

file.php

Last edited:
How does the dual fuel tanks work? I'd like to try that on my Mutilator, but does it draw from one tank, then the other? Or does it draw form both tanks at once?

It can work either way depending on how you set up the lines.

The way mine is set up, the exhaust pressurizes the first tank, pushing fuel (and exhaust) into the second, and then along into the carb. In this way - the first tank (furthest from the carb) will empty first.

If you tee'd the fuel lines off the exhaust so it pressurizes both tanks directly, and tee the feeds back into the carb, it will draw from both tanks..

I had mine set up like that originally, and it didn't run consistently as the fuel level dropped - several other people have had the same problem on the mgt... but others have set it up that way just fine.

Try it both ways with your mutilator, and see which one runs best for you. Dual tanks are a wonderful thing for run times LOL.

Can't imagine how splitting the line would work, since you are effectively cutting the pressure to each tank in half. I'll try the first method though, when I have the ambition (and money) to buy two tanks. As it is, I think I need to buy a new tank due to leaks.

i have a mgt 4.60 and a lst2 and a savage x 4.6ss they all three are good truck but in my experience the lst is faster then the monster gt but it costs more but over all i like the savage alot better it dont break as much as the other do and if you set it up right it will outperform both truck.:D

never had a problem with either truck like them all but hate traxxas had so many problems with them

Last edited:
got one the other day, mta4 sledgehammer, beast, had second gear problems but it was my own fault. its fantastic truck, sturdy. fun stuff.

pics to follow

Back