The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not familiar with the brand
It's the New York designer brand by Bulova. That photo doesn't do it justice. The face looks like pewter but the pic looks like a black & white. I was going to get another Seiko, but this one caught my eye. I have 5 Seiko watches now, 6 if you count my "Watch dog" Seiko. I get a new watch every year at this time to mark a very specific anniversary in my life. This is number 9.

Good looking watch.
I preordered the micro baja from tower.

Also picked up two more stompers for my collection. Ill get a post made after Christmas when the tree is out of the way.

Kinda, the tree us in front of the shelf nook where i have it set up. I have some more track and a case to set up a nice display when the tree is gone. I have a dozen stompers.

Just ordered some things from RPP Hobby to pass my time while I'm out of work....

A little Blade quad

Also picked up a new kit to build

ban-hammer.jpg

Hey Pete...
What kit did you get?

Axial Dingo, it's on sale for $219 plus RPP is including a lift kit and scale items from Gear Head RC, add the discount and it was less than $200 shipped! I also ordered parts to extend the wheelbase and a bad ass body!

iPad Air 2 for the wife

While flying the KODO around the back yard today, it got caught in a slight breeze and went straight into the pond. Haven't been able to find it at all. So I picked up a blade 180qx. This thing is a ton of fun and was having no issues flying in 3-4 mph winds this afternoon.

How is the SAFE feature, can you tell it's helping you?

How is the SAFE feature, can you tell it's helping you?

For sure. Setting 0 is full on safe flying. You have to really use the sticks to make it turn at all. It's what I put it on for my wife to fly it for the first time. Setting 1 you can really feel it helping you not over bank your turns and basically will inhibit it from flipping over in the air. Setting 2 removes the SAFE feature and makes the sticks ridiculously responsive and makes it quite easy to flip over in the air.

Needless to say, I will be using it on setting 1 for a while.

That sounds perfect, my wife and son are going to want to try it and the 0 setting should really help!

I'm getting real close to buying the DJI 450! Can't wait to try it out. I hope it comes with a setup sheet.

I will have a large rig capable of carrying a camera and gimbal one day. Just need to take my time and hone my skills with a smaller rig like the 180 before going to a $1k+ rig.

I just scored a set of RC4WD 40 series Mudslingers....FREEEEEeeeeee!

THS exhaust for Jato project. It is the final part I need... I think.....