The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys with these cool micro quads are killing me, looks fun Rolex!

I got one of them for my bday about a month ago, pretty fun until the cat knocked it out of the air and into the dogs water dish. Now I lock the cats in the bedroom when I fly it.
I got that monster Proto-X quadcopter yesterday.

ProtoX.jpg

What do you think about these little guys? I know @robmob got the blade micro. I've been wanting to pull the trigger.....I just don't know how well they fly.

I got that monster Proto-X quadcopter yesterday.

ProtoX.jpg

What do you think about these little guys? I know @robmob got the blade micro. I've been wanting to pull the trigger.....I just don't know how well they fly.
Once properly trimmed they fly pretty decent, it caught me by surprise I was thinking it was going to be a lot slower then what it was. Now I've only flown a Blade 180QX and this so I have limited knowledge with quads, but for $40 its fun for in the house.

$29.95 at Hobbytown USA. Once trimmed, they're actually pretty amazing. They seem twitchy till you adapt to the gentler movements on the sticks, then they're very cool.

Blade micro quad is great fun. Best use of hobby dollars I have spent in a long time.

Alpine how do you like it? That's a pretty good price for a quad with a camera

Camera quality is kinda crap but it does have video and photo controlled remotely. Flew quite well inside, and surprisingly well outside with a slight breeze. Got about 13 min from stock batteries.

That's a good buy for a quad with camera especially if you can fly it outside. I may order me one after the first. Is the video and camera good enough where you can see what your video and taking pictures of?

First and second packs were fine. Third I began to have issues and used the entire pack trying to get it to take off vertically. As soon as the throttle would engage it would try to flip or shoot off in a random direction. Might just be me, but idk. The wife's is still fine.

I had that same problem. Turns out one of the props got knocked off during a bump into a cabinet. It was so small I didn't realize it was gone till I picked the thing up. Fortunately it came with spare props that got me going again.

Just another update: 4th pack, front right motor has no power.

I had a similar problem with my nano QX when I first got it. I thought the gyro was messed up or I thought it had a power problem because two of the motors were working normally and two of them werent spinning very fast if at all. Turns out that after I made sure it was sitting perfectly level during the rebinding the gyro had the proper orientation locked in and it started flying normally again. not sure if its the same problem but it sounds familiar.

Nice looking watch. Not familiar with the brand but I'm not a collector either. I miss my old Fender watch. Its was just the right amount of "Rock N Roll" and "classy" mixed. Unfortunately they arent the highest quality watches so it eventually broke and they only make them in limited runs. Oh well...

Update again on quad: LHS Swapped out for new one. No questions asked.

Back