XTM Racing Mammoth ST truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sweetdiesel said:
Thanks for the link digger. I see many of the mods I was planning are already covered on his site. Nice.

What have you done with yours?
Sorry bro. Haven't had time to run mine much. It's all stock and was starting to get a good tune when I put it up last year.

R9's site is about all the help I can give ya. Just what I have read there and on the XTM forum. I'll try to find a link or a post if you run into something.
Good luck with it. Wish I could help more.

Where did you guys buy these things for 340?

The RCX show in Anaheim, CA had them for sale at the Hobby People booth at 349.99. Are you planning on purchasing one?

sweetdiesel said:
The RCX show in Anaheim, CA had them for sale at the Hobby People booth at 349.99. Are you planning on purchasing one?
Just googled it and the cheapest I see is 399. Funny that I just went there last weekend and they had em for 349... WTH? Hobbypeople suck.sorry had to vent again.

I'm looking into them...I want to pick up something new this year. Looking at this and the hellfire and the H8.

Are you planning to race or bash? If you are looking into racing the truggy class, you may want to consider the ST-R or CRT instead.

If you plan on bashing only, the Mammoth ST is a decent truck, but be aware that many things must be upgraded for durability. See this thread for what I have done to mine.

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40702&page=4

How much money in aftermarket parts was that SweetD?

Total cost of the tear down and rebuild was just a hair over $400. This is considering the engine and electronics were not new purchases and the stock engine was sold for $100. I can dump another $200 to make it raceworthy but at that point I could have just purchased an ST-R or CRT and called it a day.

sweetdiesel said:
Total cost of the tear down and rebuild was just a hair over $400. This is considering the engine and electronics were not new purchases and the stock engine was sold for $100. I can dump another $200 to make it raceworthy but at that point I could have just purchased an ST-R or CRT and called it a day.
Curious...how much does it cost to get skills?

jon2 said:
Curious...how much does it cost to get skills?

For YOU it would be very pricey. You might want to consider taking up another hobby. Knitting seems to be right up your alley. It definitely fits your personality.

sweetdiesel said:
For YOU it would be very pricey. You might want to consider taking up another hobby. Knitting seems to be right up your alley. It definitely fits your personality.
I am not afraid to do that. I can knit you up a sweater in your favorite color....PINK

Back