XTM Racing Mammoth ST truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody else watching this truck. May ship this week.
Am I the only person here that has one ordered?

This is the biggest first production run XTM has ever had.

My buddy and I are following it, looks like it is gunna be one sweet truck.

I am still on the fence as to my next ride.... I would like an RC10GT Factory Team, but now that I see this XTM ST.... got my mind a thinking... I love my Xterm Pro!

Tom

Good gravy thats cheap!!! Didnt see this before.

Last edited:
That thing looks sweet, but one thing I noticed in the review says the 24.7 only made 1.27 HP, that sounds much less than what its like when I drove my X-T with it.

Their ratings are all relitive as to how they test. All of their tests appear lower than some others, its just the way they measure it,kind of like flywheel and wheel HP on 1:1 cars.

For next season I want to pick a buggy/truggy combo from the same company to keep my parts stash lower, but XTM says they dont share parts! Thats too bad, I may have went with XTM if they shared SOME parts.

Seems like everyone advertises more HP than they actually make. I love the 24/7. It makes plenty of power and keeps a tune.

My ST is supposed to be here next Friday.
Been wanting a truggy for sometime. Hobby People have great service, anyway. But when one of the higher ups in the company is posting on the forum.... Answering all of our questions. That is awesome.
XTM rocks. :hammer:

Darn you, people...I just one of these at my local hobby store. They do look sweet and now I'm hearing people say that they are good at the track too. Makes me want to sell my hyper or mayhem so I can get one of these....

Got my Mammoth ST yesterday. Just a couple of quick pics. My pretty much "stock" Savage sitting next to it.

Attachments

• DSCN0162.JPG
    DSCN0162.JPG
    212.9 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCN0163.JPG
    DSCN0163.JPG
    212 KB · Views: 121
That looks awesome digger, have you run it yet? BTW with my experiences with breaking in the 24.7 (I've had 2 of em) you have to lean both needles quite a bit for the engine to run. If you can get it to run with those settings which I have it runs at like 110-120 lol. I had it running for like 2 minutes then I grabbed the heatsink and it was warm, but not hot lol. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I am breaking it in now. Actually pretty close to broke in. Got about 15 tanks or so through it. Starting to tune now. I love these little 24/7 engines. I know they aren't a high end race engine... But ya have to admit, they put out pretty good power and they are easy to tune. She is starting on the first pull part of the time.

I can't compare it to the other ST's because I haven't been around any. But it's like my X-term has been on steroids. It is damn fast. And damn fun! Can't imagine it with a race engine. As with all the RTR's it has issues.
I tightened up what screws I could get to. I need to strip it down and locktite everything.
The steering servo is fairly strong. But still needs to be better. As with the throttle.
Of course the stock radio.
All of the usual RTR problems, I guess.

I figure I'll find more as I run it. This is a totally new design for XTM. Not an upgrade from another vehicle.

Having a blast with it. :)

Thats awesome man, you gotta make some vids of it! It looks sweet and looks like it is an awesome handling truck.

You should buy a nice servo for steering, I like the HS-5645MG personally (I use it on my X-Term) and move the stock steering to the throttle/brakes. That makes for a decent set up. Them you should buy a Nova .28 :D

Don't have anyway to make vids bro. I have a old VHS camera. Been wanting to make some vids and see if someone would post it, but haven't had time. Anyone interested?
It does handle great!!! Believe it or not, it turns sharper, handles better and is faster than the X-term. I don't figure it is going to be as tough as the X-term. But it needs more space to be opened up! I can honestly say it has scared me a couple of times. I'm a 42 yr old basher though.

The engine is broke in. I haven't did a tear down to locktite all the screws. That is next. I'm just a basher, but if anyone is racing one... Let me know how it goes. If you bought one and are bashing, let me know what ya think. :cheers:

Well I'm sure it has a higher top speed with the 2-Speed, but I'd have to see it beat an X-Term in a race to believe it handles better than a X-Term :D

I want one of these really bad but can't let go of my X-T with a Collari...just couldn't do it lol.

I think a Nova .28 in that car would be a little much. Although EB Mods is have a sale right now. Nova XR .28 8 port Modded 335 shipped. Mine is on its way!

When too much is just enough.............

AC48, seems like the front of my X-term "pushes" real bad in a curve. May just be the diff oil in it? The ST goes where I point it. Stock tires hook up real good too. Got knuckles on the X-t and I think I got the hard ones.

PiErow, I just gave $340 for the little car. Can't spend much on it right now. Lucky to get it the way things are going.

Looks like Hobby People are about to sell out of them. "Stock is limited." I know I'm not the only one that bought one. Who else bought one? What do ya think? Regular price is $420. Get em while they are cheap!

Back