Tmaxx or Savage?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by humboldtblazer
Maxxes are better, but I own one so I am biased. I havent met a Savage I couldnt own! And now I have my Sirio .18 and as soon as its broken in all the way its going to be a Savage killer. I'll even drag a .21 to prove it! I got a 7.5lb Tmaxx so even though a sav can have big blocks I still win with the power to weight ratio.

Thats so funny to Silent checking Bmoc. Look at him grow up. I'm so proud! Get em Silent let em know.
What engines did those Savage's have? I'm pretty sure a Savage w/ Mugen Clutch and RB Concepts C5 tuned by Rody would give your Maxx a run for it's money. :stick:

Originally posted by S7 Europa
What engines did those Savage's have? I'm pretty sure a Savage w/ Mugen Clutch and RB Concepts C5 tuned by Rody would give your Maxx a run for it's money. :stick:

Yeah yeah yeah and blah blah blah! My Sirio owns your Mugen and your RB. You ever heard of power to weight ratio and how a 400hp saab can out drag a 900hp Chevell? I'd like to see someone trim a Savage down to 7.5lbs, just not gonna happen.:whip:

and the tuned by Rody thing is funny. Dont you think a Sirio .18 tuned by the maker would give the same performance upgrade a RB tuned by Rody would.

I'm biased also i don't have a t maxx,i do have a savage that will walk all over that 7.5 lb. t maxx if i only lived in cali.blazer lets see some pics of this lite weight t.

dude the pics are in the Tmaxx fourm under commence the drooling

I still dont think you guys are really getting my point

i try to stay out of the t maxx forum but ill go check.i get your point you think less wt. will beat raw power.

Originally posted by imnotsure
i get your point you think less wt. will beat raw power.

No my point is anything I have is way better than anything you have........and my dad is tuffer than yours.:trashed:

that could be true. :jester: but you better watch out for my mom.

I though this thread was about the T-Maxx or the Savage?

Steve

I want to but I still dont know when my company is sending me to Milwakee in August. Once I find out for sure I'll know. Do I have a taker on my challenge?:D

ABSOLUTELY!

:trashed:

Yeah yeah yeah and blah blah blah! My Sirio owns your Mugen and your RB. You ever heard of power to weight ratio and how a 400hp saab can out drag a 900hp Chevell? I'd like to see someone trim a Savage down to 7.5lbs, just not gonna happen.:whip:

and the tuned by Rody thing is funny. Dont you think a Sirio .18 tuned by the maker would give the same performance upgrade a RB tuned by Rody would.
I know about Power to weight ratio .. That's why I love Lotus. 2000 lb.-ish cars w/ less then 200HP that can go 0-60 in under 4 seconds. :cool:

You could probably bring the Savage probably down to around 10lbs .. Velocitys, Bowties, Carbon Fiber TVPs, ditch the the reciever cover, run 4 shocks :jk: , and a few other things. It'd probably come down to driver skill. I need to check out your setup though 'cause I'm thinking of making a "Lite" - Weight Maxx.

Edit: How's that Hardcore chassis holding out? Looks pretty thin, but I bet it's superlight ..

Last edited:
Trying to make things light ? What about that new metal that's all the rage ? I think it's called "unobtainium". (LOL)

Originally posted by militarymaxx
Trying to make things light ? What about that new metal that's all the rage ? I think it's called "unobtainium". (LOL)
They used "Unobtainium" in the move "The Core." :normal:

There is actually such thing, I saw in an article that Associated made Unobtanium shock shafts. I will try and get a link.

Steve

Huh, that is some weird stuff. Maybe they just took the name from the money cause it sounds cool.

Steve

Originally posted by S7 Europa

Edit: How's that Hardcore chassis holding out? Looks pretty thin, but I bet it's superlight ..

Its strong Ti and as long as you run some kind of metal skids(recommend Ti) and some alum chassis braces I would say its twice as rigid as stock. My T-maxx handels like a champ can't beat it. I've worked very hard at it.

My whole real point since I think it passed you all is pissing matches about which is better is always debateable and soon turns into the my dad can kick your dads ass mentality. Now there's plenty of info in both the Savage forum and the T-maxx forum to go read and judge for yourself what opinions the owners have rather than just start the classic thread which is better, faster, jumps better, wheelies better T-maxx vs Savage forum. They both are top of the line MT's with plenty of after market support to make them sick so I ask why start this over played thread? Now I'll get off my soap box :preachin: :worship: :worship:

My whole real point since I think it passed you all is pissing matches about which is better is always debateable and soon turns into the my dad can kick your dads ass mentality. Now there's plenty of info in both the Savage forum and the T-maxx forum to go read and judge for yourself what opinions the owners have rather than just start the classic thread which is better, faster, jumps better, wheelies better T-maxx vs Savage forum. They both are top of the line MT's with plenty of after market support to make them sick so I ask why start this over played thread? Now I'll get off my soap box :preachin: :worship: :worship:
Yeah. Personal preference, but people are always going to argue. :trashed: Depending on which one you own, -most- of the time you're going to defend it. Like the n00bish Traxxas forum. I got banned from there for recommending a Savage. :LoL: :LoL:

Yeah, tough choice between the T-Maxx and the Savage though, and that's what I'm having trouble choosing which to get since I can't get both. :fro:

I think the best advice given so far is the bit Humboldt' gave to go to either of the respective sections on this site and read. You could even take a few minutes and run either truck or both at the same time through this site's search engine and come up with a fair amount of similar posts that have asked this same question and had it answered rather thoroughly.

For the money, the Savage is a stronger truck out of the box. If speed is your need, go to a street racer or buy the T-Maxx. MTs are meant to be beaten up and pushed to their limits. Stock versus stock, the Savage will outlast the T-Maxx. How can I say that...I own one of each. Humboldt' has a sweet ride, but ask him how much he has spent to get such a tough truck.

I have about 2 grand into my T-Maxx, and it smokes pretty much everything (except my Savage). I have only dumped about 5 or 6 hundred on the Savage, and it is a beast.

I'm not calling you out Humboldt...I've seen your ride and it is a good looking racer; can probably handle a healthy bash session or two or three, but I'm purely a basher and show trucks are not my style. I've bashed both, and the Savage wins in my books.

Your MT's sound like beasts, do you have any pics?

Steve

Check the gallery.

Back