My Traxxas XO-1 V1 Build Thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJSRCLIFE

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi everyone welcome to my Traxxas XO-1 build thread, Some backstory i've always loved the Traxxas XO-1 it was one of my dream RC cars ever since i first heard about them thanks to Kaiser test RC and many other Youtubers. Even at first i was told not to buy one but on 7\04\2022 i finally bit the bullet and bought a brand new rolling chassis off eBay before the rerelease came out a couple of weeks later.
20220708_152338.jpg

Here she was when i first got her nothing real exciting besides some hoons i got for my 22nd birthday before i bought the car. The original plan i was going to get an RTR but when i was ready to buy one i couldn't find them anywhere so i decided to go with a new roller i found on eBay at a shop called Cash4RC.
20220710_121355.jpg

A week later i bought and painted up a brand new body.
20230424_133321.jpg

Here she was in April 2023 after finally bought an ESC and Motor for her as well as stock wheels and tires. Up until now she had a Max 6 G1 and the 4985SL 1,650KV motor i got also off eBay from a shop called Radio Control Power they sell RC electronics and other RC stuff as well.
20231016_170835.jpg

Here's where she's currently at i took the Max 6 G1 to test in my X-Maxx for awhile but since the G2's are becoming available soon and the G1's getting discontinued i'm left in a dilemma either buy a Max 6 G2\4990 combo for this car and sell off my old 4985 or try to find a Max 6 G1 that's still available and keep using my old motor. She also needs some TLC since there's some broken plastic, the body's has been worse for wear and the tires and wheels have come unglued to the point of no return so i need new tires. So it might be due next summer for a refresh with all new body, wheels and tires and electronics minus the Receiver and servo. So let me know what i should do but bye for now.

Be careful, traxxas headquarters or some traxxas lovers might be hating on you for using non traxxas electronics. Just watch out. Cause I had the same problem on Reddit before.
I don't care, to me Traxxas electronics are junk and over proprietary it's the reason i bought my XO-1 and my Slash 4x4 Ultimate as rollers. To me Traxxas should be in a partnership with Castle or Hobbywing instead of packaging their vehicles with throwaway electronics.

looking good. I like the sports car look but none of the chassis are very appealing to me

if any dude gets mad at me for having a arrma esc, a spektrum battery, and a knockoff motorm I'm gonna throw up. even this 20$ motor overheats less.
I seen spektrum stuff in traxxas and other cars. So its all good. Not to mention its cheaper and more better than traxxas electrics.
I don't care, to me Traxxas electronics are junk and over proprietary it's the reason i bought my XO-1 and my Slash 4x4 Ultimate as rollers. To me Traxxas should be in a partnership with Castle or Hobbywing instead of packaging their vehicles with throwaway electronics.
Agreed.

I seen spektrum stuff in traxxas and other cars. So its all good. Not to mention its cheaper and more better than traxxas electrics.

Agreed.
Sorry if i snapped at you, and with that statement i said i'm not the only one to say that a Youtuber by the name of Jason Perrin the guy who inspired my X-Maxx project said that when his XRT VXL-8s esc failed on him.

Traxxas was selling rtr's with castle motor and esc's for a short time. I'm pretty sure the OG blue velenion was castle on the inside.

Traxxas was selling rtr's with castle motor and esc's for a short time. I'm pretty sure the OG blue velenion was castle on the inside.
I know that they did the og brushless edition E-Revo and E-Maxx, The 1\8 Funny Car had a rebranded and downgraded Mamba Max Pro and the XO-1 used a Mamba Monster OG and they still sell it to this day with a Mamba Monster 2 a WP version of the OG. They used to but they don't anymore but from what i hear most people have problems with Traxxas esc's and end up replacing them with HW and Castle.

That's what I do. I have many Traxxas rigs but only 1 running Traxxas electronics and I won't be surprised when the smoke comes out.
I Started thinking about getting an XRT for my 25th birthday but i might instead look into a Losi 5ive-T 2.0 or 30 Degree North V2 for my 27th. since the XRT would need so much.

I must admit, I like my Traxxas rigs. Just got bored with a few of them. I love my Sledge, Sport, and Drag. They all run great for me. I can only imagine that the XO would be great as well. 😎. I just went with the Limitless, is all. My Lim will never go 100. I don't care for speed runs. Too stressful. Ha

Back