My Traxxas XO-1 V1 Build Thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen speed runs on YouTube. All you see is a blur, and no more car, because it's just too far to see. How its done I just don't know. Most times it's not. :hyperbuggy: 🏁:rolex:

Speed runs are very challenging. That's why most rc guys don't do it. I tried it some, just not my thing. I did get over the 100mph mark but it was more stressful than fun.

Play with traxxas stuff long enough, you will.
OK, I get it Traxxas Sucks. :thumbs-up:.
20231012_142052_resized_1.jpg
20231006_130716_resized_2.jpg
20220805_103147_resized_5.jpg
These cars look as good as I can do at the present. They run great as well. Never had a problem with them. Like you said wait long enough, and they will blow smoke. Just like the smoked Felony ESC that i Have to send back. Ran 1 battery thru it.:mad:.

Last edited:
Its not just traxxas. It can happen to anyone. Like the channel I watch, he used a spektrum system in his maxx when bashing in the sand dunes. I think that might be the same motor/esc combo in the felony, might be wrong. But it just comes out of the blue. I think its how hard you run your cars. Like he was bashing in the sand, and I think that is what caused it. Know one knows. But I've seen more Traxxas electronics on fire than anything else. Traxxas is a good brand don't get me wrong. But they have some flaws and somethings that doesn't sound right. And they sort of, overprice something. (Mostly everything they make, so more debt for us!)

Last edited:
The XO1 seems like a really nice car.

Last edited:
I'm definitely not saying that traxxas sucks, but their electronics sure do. My sledge and xmaxx are 2 of my favorites but the factory xmaxx electronics are a joke. Did you know the esc on the sledge and xmaxx are the same? Massive size and weight difference but the same esc? Good job traxxas. Smh.

I like traxxas. I own more traxxas cars than any other single brand. Now I'm just confused....

I like traxxas. I own more traxxas cars than any other single brand. Now I'm just confused....
For a long time all i bought was Traxxas products but after doing some research and some exploring i found vehicles from other brands like more. I do have an Associated 4wd buggy, an Outcast 8s EXB and an AK-917 so i'm slowly reaching out to other brands.

Dun here. :rolex:
You buy what you buy, I will do the same. My last 2 rigs were Arrma. My next 1 will be the TLR. To me they are all fun. :thumbs-up:
For a long time all i bought was Traxxas products but after doing some research and some exploring i found vehicles from other brands like more. I do have an Associated 4wd buggy, an Outcast 8s EXB and an AK-917 so i'm slowly reaching out to other brands.
Well that's cool. At least you're reaching out, VS bashing a certain brand. Good for you. I wont say I am right. But what I am saying is don't just condemn a brand cause you don't like it is all. They all seem to have flaws, some more than others. That's all I would like to convey. Sincerely, Mike. I got heated, and I should not have. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Dun here. :rolex:
You buy what you buy, I will do the same. My last 2 rigs were Arrma. My next 1 will be the TLR. To me they are all fun. :thumbs-up:

Well that's cool. At least you're reaching out, VS bashing a certain brand. Good for you. I wont say I am right. But what I am saying is don't just condemn a brand cause you don't like it is all. They all seem to have flaws, some more than others. That's all I would like to convey. Sincerely, Mike. I got heated, and I should not have. :rolleyes:
It's all right i got heated last night too. My next vehicles will be from Losi or 30 Degree North and Team Corally.

Good to know. I need to look all that up. And thanks so much. I am always looking for better RCs. Nice chatting with you. Send photos, if you can. It's always nice to see them . Mike.

Good to know. I need to look all that up. And thanks so much. I am always looking for better RCs. Nice chatting with you. Send photos, if you can. It's always nice to see them . Mike.
I've been doing lots of research before i commit to a truck but i might go for the 30 Degree North DTT-7 V2 Losi 5T clone since it's cheaper to get into and i can get either a roller or an RTR if i want. Unlike the Losi which only comes in a BND form i might be sacrificing a little bit of quality and maybe some looks but overall the 30 North fits my budget more and i can do as much as i can with the 30DN compared to the Losi.

Be careful, traxxas headquarters or some traxxas lovers might be hating on you for using non traxxas electronics. Just watch out. Cause I had the same problem on Reddit before.
Should I post my Summit over there?

1697597422435.png

I think the color of the smoke depends on the voltage. 2-3s is bluish, 4-6-8 is white. Just an observation.

What's black mean? 🤣
Its not just traxxas. It can happen to anyone. Like the channel I watch, he used a spektrum system in his maxx when bashing in the sand dunes. I think that might be the same motor/esc combo in the felony, might be wrong. But it just comes out of the blue. I think its how hard you run your cars. Like he was bashing in the sand, and I think that is what caused it. Know one knows. But I've seen more Traxxas electronics on fire than anything else. Traxxas is a good brand don't get me wrong. But they have some flaws and somethings that doesn't sound right. And they sort of, overprice something. (Mostly everything they make, so more debt for us!)

The Firma 150a is notorious for going up in smoke.

After some consideration, I now want a Typhon. Not the TLR. I heard it was a tough 6s Arrma, TLR not so much. I really don't know. I never had a buggy that was 4 wheel drive. I assume that it will sit lower to the ground, but have more stability. I have a Sledge, so I really don't need a 4by4 truck.

They do make a TLR Tuned Typhon, maybe that is what you were thinking about. The TLR Typhon comes in a roller, or a RTR with Spektrum electronics. TLR teamed up with Arrma and made it more raceable, and more durable with aluminum upgrades.
The Firma 150a is notorious for going up in smoke.
Is the Arrma Notorious, notorious for that :eek:

Back