Throttle problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatcat1

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have an Associated Mini MGT 3.0 I have sealed the engine and started the re-tune process it runs great until I hit the brakes then it dies. Any ideas on how to remedy this problem??
Thanks in advance!:D

Set your idle screw properly. It will prevent the carb slide from closing all the way when you brake. Pop off your air filter and look down the carb body. Adjust your idle screw to where you need it to be (with your throttle trim set to 0), and then apply the brakes. The slide should NOT close all the way, nor should it spring back open after you release your brakes.

Thanks I will look into it here in a little bit and see if that fixes the problem!!!

That fixed her!! It runs around 240-290 this should be an acceptable temp range shouldn't it?
Thanks

290's a bit high. Did you have the body on it when you were running it? If so, do you have cooling holes in the windshield and rear window of the body?

I like to keep all my engines between 210 and 260. Any more in either direction and I tune accordingly or change my setup/gearing.

Yes I have the entire windshield cut out of the body and the rear has a nice "hole" in the back as well. I Have a micro temp "gun" when I shoot the top of the engine it is always about 30 degrees +/- a few hotter than when I shoot the sides. The sides always run around 240-260. What else can i do to lower the temp? Everything is stock with the exception of the fuel line,filter, and Ofna air filter.
Thanks

You could richen it a little more to bring your temps down

Could just be the engine. It is a decent sized rig with lots of rotational mass for a small block. IMO, the old 2.5 t-maxx's were way under powered for the engine as well and that's IMO partly why the 2.5's "ran hot". As they don't run hot when in a lighter rig like a jato. I run mine balls to the wall in my jato and it's the old crappy cast head 2.5. It runs around 240 all day long in the grass. But in my 2.5 maxx (many moons ago), the 2.5 ran 280-290 on pavement if I had it tuned so it would actually "go".

Sorry... rambling.

All that said, what fuel (brand nitro/oil content) and plug are you running? Are you running stock gearing as well with stock tires?

O'Donells 20% not for sure on the oil content and I am using O'Donell's Red ring (Hot) plugs. Yes stock gears and tires as well.

Back