Revo problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easy rider

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
I recently bought a used revo 3.3. It’s in pretty dang good shape. I’m having a problem though. When I set it on the ground to run, it it acts as if the brakes are being applied. When I give throttle, it starts spinning the right front and left rear wheels. Basically going in a circle. However when I pick it up and it’s not running, I can spin all 4 wheels freely.

All the servo’s work. Reverse works. The brakes work when I spin the wheels when it’s off the ground. It only acts up when it’s on the ground.

Any ideas on what it might be? Thanks fellas.

I think you are right. I had this problem before on an electric car and it was a rear differential. Thanks for jarring my memory.

Check the bearings as well while you have it apart.

Are all 4 wheel driveshafts present and connected properly and engaging?
Yes. Everything is intact. The transmission engages properly.

Here’s the skinny. I bought this truck on a few pictures alone. The guy said it came with a bunch of good parts. He said it was a 3.3. Well, if dropping a motor in it made it a 3.3, it’d be a 3.3. However, upon receiving the truck, it’s a 2.5 chassis.

I don’t mind that but, it’s now obvious to me how this selling deal went. He received the truck and discovered the diffs were messed up. With the idea he’d fix it. He didnt. He threw a 3.3 motor on it and called it a 3.3. And gave only pics that made it impossible to tell it was a 2.5 chassis. All that or he was totally oblivious to what he had.

It doesn’t matter much now. It’s just irritating to pay for something and not receive it. That’s getting to be pretty common in this world. But, I get the fun in fixing it up. Can’t be upset about that.