Throttle linkage mod

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeroc1982

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
What can i do to my throttle/brake linkage to make it more responsive?:)

Well i had the spektrum servos in there but sum reason my throttle servo went and i put in the stock hpi steering servo for throttle.Iv heard of ppl putting rubber tubing instead of the spring thats on the linkage, is that better?

Here is how I did mine...

1154396linkagemod1.jpg

I used a Dynamite pro tune lingage kit, and some dubro linkage rods that I bent myself and fit to the Savage.

Very clean looking linkage set up NC....I like it. Looks very close to the one I posted the link to here on RCNT.

I don't like the set up by DigitalLiquid in that how to at all. With the bar covered in fuel line and rubbing against the roll bar, it's going to bind, plus it looks sloppy. With my set up I have no interference issues or rubbing at all, and it's a much cleaner look, plus it works very well. I still want to work on a better hook up method for the brake lever, but since it does work perfectly it has not been on the top of my to do list.

So what parts can I start looking for so I can do this? NC Nitro has a niice looking linkage! What are the parts u used bud?

Yeah NC I do like how yours is done. I have the FLM chassis plates with the sub-located servo mount so I will be redoing my linkages again soon anyway. Have to figure something out for that. Looks like none of the linkage will be more that 2-3" long.

So what parts can I start looking for so I can do this? NC Nitro has a niice looking linkage! What are the parts u used bud?

I used a Dynamite Pro-Tune Linkage Kit.
I just cut off one side of the servo horn and sanded it round

Dubro Linkage rods that I cut and bent to fit. I got them at the lhs.

I changed mine to run on the inside of the roll bar. I also added the ball and cup connectors. There is no binding with the fuel line at all, with this setup.

LinkageB.jpg

LinkageA.jpg

I'm glad u did rolex,looks sweet.

picture is blurry but you can see it if you look close. when i mid-tanked the truck, i moved the servo to the back. Very short linkages and very very responsive

DSC02096.gif

Back