No throttle response on my kyosho mp9e

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emery Hall

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys, I recently got my kyosho mp9e v2 ready set out and it was running great. After a little while of general bashing around the house, I landed a jump and had no throttle response at all. I have steering and the motor seems to work because it cogs when powered on so it does seem to receive power and move. I have heard it could be my esc or transmitter. The transmitter I have tried re binding and it does not seem to work. I then tried to reset the throttle endpoints and such on the esc but I just can’t seem to follow the directions quite right. The esc looks ti be a rebrand hobbywing system so I have tried following the steps used for those. I am currently at a loss on what to do and any help is appreciated. If anyone needs further explanation I can provide, I’m just not sure how to describe my problem.

have you check esc to motor wires?
steering works but
no throttle response
sounds like esc took a dump on the jump landing
not sure if under warranty. Id contact Kyosha either way(in or out of W)
try radio on another rc .but id say esc internal boards separated in jump landing

have you check esc to motor wires?
steering works but
no throttle response
sounds like esc took a dump on the jump landing
not sure if under warranty. Id contact Kyosha either way(in or out of W)
try radio on another rc .but id say esc internal boards separated in jump landing
I’d say the esc is most likely trashed. When I follow the reset process it doesn’t seem to follow commands correctly.

Back