Carb horn position

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normrdz300

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys (me again)
I'm going though my 2.5 Tmaxx classic and I had to change the carb on it due to many issues with the one that came with it. I checked the clock position on the linkage horn on the old one and it was at Approx 2 oclock. the new one I installed was pretty much at the same position so the linkage all snapped in fairly easy. I had to buy a new controller and receiver which I did after the carb replacement so I never knew if the horn position was right to begin with. When I open and close the throttle with the controller the carb opens fine but doesn't close all the way when I let off (not running) All the pictures I look up seems to show the horn position in at 3 oclock. I know its not stuck open...can anyone confirm on where it should be set at?
Thanks for all the help

I hope this helps:
(The 3.3 engine is the same)
5207RINST_carb_arm_setup.jpg

Hey guys (me again)
I'm going though my 2.5 Tmaxx classic and I had to change the carb on it due to many issues with the one that came with it. I checked the clock position on the linkage horn on the old one and it was at Approx 2 oclock. the new one I installed was pretty much at the same position so the linkage all snapped in fairly easy. I had to buy a new controller and receiver which I did after the carb replacement so I never knew if the horn position was right to begin with. When I open and close the throttle with the controller the carb opens fine but doesn't close all the way when I let off (not running) All the pictures I look up seems to show the horn position in at 3 oclock. I know its not stuck open...can anyone confirm on where it should be set at?
Thanks for all the help

Might want to try using a throttle return spring or some people will use a rubber band as a return spring!..:thumbs-up::cool:

If you have removed the carb and/or linkage and when reinstalled and the throttle doesn't close all the way you probably just need to readjust the linkage.
To test to see if this is the case; does the carb close all the way when you hit the brakes? If yes adjustment should fix the problem.

On the T-Maxx there is a throttle return spring already on the linkage. If linkage is adjusted correctly the spring closes the throttle.
linkage_gap_s.jpg

Tip: For smoother throttle linkage action you can replace the plastic bushings in the throttle bellcrank with bearings. (need 2ea. 5x8x2.5mm bearings)

Thanks everyone!! Think I got it. Was a combination of position and linkage. Appreciate all the help

Back