slash 4x4 braking issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksrichard

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I put a viper copperhead vx4R.45 system in my slash 4x4. Works ok need to fine tune. Anyway when I Apply the breaks then let go to throttle the breaks stay on until I stop. Thrn I hafta press full throttle then let go and throttle again to go forward. What setting is wrong? I'm stumped?????

What esc are you running and what rx/tx are you running? Sounds like an adjustment within your tx or your esc needs to be fine tuned with a castle link style program or a manual program. I would start by pulling a .Pdf file up off the internet on your esc or crack open the manual you have already and go through it and reset/retune or just retune the esc settings. If it happens to be a nice tx with adjustable epa (end point adjusmtents) I would go through and retune your brake/throttle and see whats goin on there. It can't be the motor at all I dont think unless your gear mesh is super tight..

I've narrowed it down at least, more info is needed to fully solve your issues here.

Last edited:
Sounds like you might have the drag brake on. Your going to have to change that with esc programming

Last edited:
I'm running the copperhead esc that came with the vx4r.45 motor. The receiver is a traxxas link 2218x 2.4GHz and the transmitter is traxxas link TQ 2238 2 ch.

Thanks. I had to switch any 2 motor leads rather than reverse the throttle servo. Now the brake lock is in reverse and forward brake is all good. Thanks for all of ur help

Back