Savage xl done up a bit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found out today picco is safe lol

Well now that I know that robin got my engine that 30x will not be going in the 2wd xl. But in the 4wd xl still will be getting the lrp 30 spec 2 in it. As for now I'll be getting the 2wd ready for that modded picco. Witch will be getting a bp tranny and a spectrum remote from one of my losi 8t truggy's. Then the 2wd will be just about done. As for the 4wd hopups pretty much just started lol.

It took two months to receive the ERCM pipes I ordered. I never received progress updates from Robin, unless I contacted him.
So my suggestion is, email an occasional progress inquiry and above all else, be patient, that's all you can do.

Last edited:
I thank you for the info. I have talked to him again had few questions and never once did I ask how far he was on it or did he even start it. I've been just so happy about my engine begin safe and sound there at ercm I haven't really even thought about the turn around lol.

I have an XL and I just feel it's too big

I like the size of the xl. It's by far more stable then a x. I just got done ordering all the parts u needed for the bp tranny. Also ordered 2 headers for the new ercm pipe that will be coming.
ITEM NO. E827
PERFORMANCE MANIFOLD KIT FOR HPI SAVAGE

Newly redesgined performance header with machined heatsink, and 3 different manifold spring mounting positions for the manifold to ensure best fit for your application. Kit includes header, exhaust gaskets, manifold springs, and mounting accessories.

$22.99

---------- Post added at 7:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 7:30 AM ----------

The header is the TSAIS sorry didn't put it in the last post

I like the size of the xl. It's by far more stable then a x. I just got done ordering all the parts u needed for the bp tranny. Also ordered 2 headers for the new ercm pipe that will be coming.
ITEM NO. E827
PERFORMANCE MANIFOLD KIT FOR HPI SAVAGE

Newly redesgined performance header with machined heatsink, and 3 different manifold spring mounting positions for the manifold to ensure best fit for your application. Kit includes header, exhaust gaskets, manifold springs, and mounting accessories.

$22.99

---------- Post added at 7:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 7:30 AM ----------

The header is the TSAIS sorry didn't put it in the last post

Nice. Good choice.

Well finally got the blue rings from my f-11 badland wheels. Now I got to drill the holes in the rims to mate them on. Still waiting on the integy clutches that I ordered which was 4 Sets at 9$ a piece. Now waiting on parts again dam :( . Oh well lol. That just means I got sumthing to look forward to. So the 2wd xl just needs the radio swaped out for a spectrum remote and the parts for the ercm picco and pipe and then waiting on the picco and pipe to. Then mate the rims on and it's just about done for now I think lol. Then on to the 4wd witch I put a 30 spec 2 engine in it. And then the same servo's as the 2wd as they are savox 1283 and 1258 which was installed today I have a hpi supension kit come for. It also will be getting hpi racing metal stock gearing witch is 15tooth bell and 52 tooth spur. Oh I for got to say what gearing will be for the 2wd witch will be the hpi racing metal 47 spur and 18 bell for that picco. I also would like some feed back on the new integy piggy back big bore shocks as they look good but do they actually work good with no leaking? Maybe I'll have the 2wd ready for ROTM for May. I'll up date with some pics ASAP lol.

---------- Post added at 9:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:08 PM ----------

I aslo would like to know all your guys thoughts on how you like the builds so far and I wa thinking about getting the FLM extended a-arm kit for the xl to be fitted on the 2wd build. Please let me know and thanks for looking and for your thoughts.

image_zps05b6b658.jpg
well here's the new tire and wheels

C'mon ppl thorough out your thoughts comment lol

Yep would be nice for the body to be a bit longer. I was going to put a Baja bug body on it but the my lhs had this on stock and I wanted to do it. I'm still thinking about a baja bug body for it. I aslo started looking at the other body's seem like there all a tad short in the front fenders anyway even the stock xl body. I still think it looks good I like it

Well almost done with the bp tranny just gotta wait for the hot racing 1rst gear. Getting closer to being ready for that ercm power

Well I got my hpi suspension in. Ordered the wrong gear for the tranny got order another an the right one this time. I also put 8t shocks on the front of the 2wd they feel so slow and plush but herd they may not hold up well see. This guy here will be also getting a brand new 2013 xl from my lhs when they get it in Oh yeah lol.

image_zps144258d8.jpg
as she sits till the picco and pipe come back

I've ran it lol with the lrp30x and it rips lol and it only got the hpi stock xl pipe on it. I did however strip some spurs and that sucks and the tranny isn't shifting either gotta check that out not sure if I can post a vid but I'll try

Talk to Robin and I should have my ercm picco and pipe late this week or early next week

Well Idk but I talked to him and that's what he said.

Got my ercm picco and pipe oh hell yeah!!!
image_zpsc3581606.jpg

---------- Post added at 1:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:15 PM ----------

image_zps88b90e31.jpg

---------- Post added at 1:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:18 PM ----------

image_zps88b90e31.jpg

---------- Post added at 1:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:20 PM ----------

image_zps88b90e31.jpg

---------- Post added at 1:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:22 PM ----------

image_zpsca5492c0.jpg

---------- Post added at 1:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:27 PM ----------

Sorry guys for the same pic as I was have technical problems. Human error lol

Back