Savage xl done up a bit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phatsavage

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
image_zpsf2ad1d8d.jpg

Different motor in her now but I think she looks good ill post some more pic's

---------- Post added at 8:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:55 PM ----------

image_zpsada696cb.jpg

Ok I'll try to remember everything I got done to her. Ok first off its 2wd I took the front diff axles and front dry shaft out so it's gets a little bit lighter and all the power to the rear end. I built the rear diff with 100k diff fluid, it has a 1258 savox throttle servo and a 1283 steering servo, 50 tooth RR spur and right now awaiting to send a picco 28 boost to ercm to be modded with a ercm side bleed pipe. For wheels it has badlands on traxxas geode wheels with blue rings, has rpm A arms, 4 little aluminum shocks up front 4 big bores in the rear, front and rear gh purple bulk heads, integy rear aluminum hubs that eliminate the turnbuckles, aluminum hpi front hubs and carriers, a aluminum rd logics fuel tank. I think that's everything. Hope you all like

I thought I would throw in my other xl to. Pretty much stock just different wheels and tires a two speed tranny and a hpi 4.6
image_zps8c27cf6b.jpg

Nice , body bent up scratches all over I no you have some fun when you run :D.
If you live in Wisconsin we'll have to bash some time .
Pick your self up a motor saver filter and outer saver for your new engine , I run the T-maxx TMX80 filter its a little smaller I feel the SAV100 is to big and blocks to much air flow .
ERCM moded engine and pipe be looking for word to seeing some vid of that some time .

IMG_0067_zps73d769bb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I'm all so glad to see I'm not the only one with my toes in the pic's LOL

I do have the filter's one big one small one I need a new foam for the smaller one and the bigger one was geting cleaned. I don't however got a outerwear though. I live in Pa though which kinda sucks always would like another person to run with. I there's also flm shock towers on it I think I left those out.Its alittle but wider do to the offset of the wheels. I will say that it is a lot more stable then a regular savage x. I have a ton of spare stock parts I tell you I have 3 more frames 2 x frames and 1 like in between frame that I do not know who made it. I had a bunch of savages lol. I hope this picco boost works out well I'm used to the hpi 4.6 and lrp line from the 28 to the 32. This picco will be my 3rd picco but first 28 picco and my first modded engine to hope robin from ercm knows what's up. There's a lot of guys out there that ramp his work saying that his mod and pipe are just nuts. But my question is how does it compare to other modders out there I will probably never really know because I'm having robin do my first mod engine and if happy which I see no reasons why not yet everyone else is happy I'll never try anyone else and know how they compare. And how is the modded picco going to hold up to the lrp engines I have will it have alittle more power or a lot more soon be known lol. I know that I'm happy with lrp line just hard to get parts for them. I hope I'm really surprised when I get the picco and pipe done and back in I hope it wasn't a bad idea runing wise. I'm thinking it should be like the deference between a hpi 4.6 and a lrp. So now I'm going lrp to modded picco hope it's just crazy lol

Robin is a very cool dude , I delt with him a couple times buying my pipes and my buddy got a moded SH with a pipe from him , Robin even called him out of the blue to see how break in was going .
Hey man your place looks like the back room at a hobby shop LOL
I'm all so looking for word to seeing a vid of that new ERCM engine set up when you get time .

As soon as I get the engine back lol. I also still have to send it which will be this Monday. Yeah my Hobby room is in need of a cleaning lol.

I'm really thinking my next engine for the Savage will be that 28 Picco boost. I have some "clocked" Nova engines but have not used ERCM..although I've heard good things. Certainly don't want to start a 'modding' war....but Neal Smith's clocked engines will drop your jaw when properly tuned. I'm a newbie but I know what a bad-ass engine sounds like and the first time I saw one I was like "yeah--that's EXACTLY what I want" ;-)

I am more interested ERCM's pipes....I'm going to give him a call him as hopefully he can push me over the ledge and help justify what I want to do wit me Savage. ;-) I'll be very interested in your review of that Picco...it'll be my first.
[URL=http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/mylittlepony/media/Yep_zps52a41f61.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag196/mylittlepony/Yep_zps52a41f61.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

I will ceritly keep all up to date. I been in the hobby for a while but pretty much don't have a lot of ppl to turn to when comes down it yeah I've learned but yeah I still feel in a noob. Like I've said I've never raced just pretty much bashing I learn a lot from ppl on this forum and a few others. I love to learn lol. I really don't want to start a war either lol I really dout that either mod company would do you wrong I never herd or read bad things about either company really. This engine will be my first modded engine I had so I really don't know what to expect form it. As far as engine chose I just hope I made a good decision. I've wrote other post that said so I've really only owned lrp line whitch I read is a good basher engine but if you want a better engine all round it's mostly picco, novarossi, or OS from which I've herd OS is over rated at times but idk. I do know I just want a bad &$@ engine and savage lol. So I like all the advice I can get. Not saying I don't know things but you learn new things everyday.

Well I know it's Wednesday but engine is on it's way hope she get there in back safely

love it i really do, how do these do when you use them in a open parking lot? Would it be best to keep them off road or will the right tires and shock springs oil weight etc allow these to be run in a parking lot? my t maxx stinks in parking lots i got it second hand it was built as a true off road basher. i am so falling in love with the savage line even a 25 would be a option for this up coming spring/summer months

Actually I never ran mine in a open Parkin lot I'm always on a little home made track or the yard or strip mine. I guess if you put some street tires on and some suspension work they be good on road there's dream machine doing 110 mph runs with flux and 75 mph with a nitro. I just stay more off road bashing lol.

Actually I never ran mine in a open Parkin lot I'm always on a little home made track or the yard or strip mine. I guess if you put some street tires on and some suspension work they be good on road there's dream machine doing 110 mph runs with flux and 75 mph with a nitro. I just stay more off road bashing lol.

yeah the more and more i watch a video or see a pic or even just come on here an see how you guys rave about your trucks i think i should get one. I love the stock set up on the savages. Now i am not up to date with all the ones out there but i know i seen the 25 many years back and i know the new rtr is close to like 600.00 or so right? I would love to be around 300.00 so buying used might work for me, i think my lhs has a savage but not sure if it is drill start or pull start but i am free fri i might go check it out and try to beat them up a tad on the price lol. I have a nice park i ran my t maxx and i tell ya i want a savage out there. I think for the most part most monster trucks look the same to me but the savage line really looks great. I would love a 4.6 but the part support is there for the 25 i would not feel like i am just settling for the older rtr. Is there any parts you would say you should upgrade right away for some bashing in the spring summer months ahead? I know for the most part with my t maxx metal is more of a show truck thing the bulk head is a good upgrade but i am just getting started with my research of the savage line. All these years i just over looked them i think the drill start and my LHS back them forced feed us the idea Traxxas was the best thing to get .

Well I tell you I've picked the 2012 4.6 for 175 bucks on a good deal I think and the lhs was going to put it out for 250. I got a pretty good hook there lol. I get parts for just about cost to them. The servos won't last long so I would say that,any rear tierod elimination hub's but there's just so many things you can do to it. It's almost endless. The blue savage would be a pretty penny to do but it took time to build and still changing and doing different things to it all the time just not on road lol. I have all kinds of stocks parts that I saved just incase something happens. The rpm arms are not a must but I like them some others have had problems with them there saying they bind up. Other then that take it one part at a time do your research and find out what suits you let us know what you do and show pics lol.

---------- Post added at 9:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:11 PM ----------

Oh I forgot a new 4.6 on tower hobbies 465 or easy pay try that

I seen on tower i went there i seen the kit for 399.99 and the rtr and they have deals every month . My local hobby store has a savage it was priced at 280.00 i am not sure but i think its not pull start and doubt there was the starter wand etc to start it. I could be wrong about that i am trying to think back i think it had a blue/ greyish body. I do not think it was 4.6 . was all 25 savages orange or was there a blue lid color combo? I got a tmaxx that was a mix match t maxx that they worked with me but i got one with a bad motor. They would not check the motor with a gauge for me and i was told it was sold as is. I had to put a new motor in there with in 1/4 gallon so i have to go in there thinking i would have to drop another 100.00 for a new motor and that does not have the price the motor that is in there to be turned over to a pull start . I was thinking even if i get it for 240 thats not worth it based on the fact they will start it and say here ya go and they wash there hands with it. I think its been there for some time i wonder if they would take 200.00 cash? I might snap a few pics of it post it on this site even if i pass i am sure someone could tell me what they would pay.

There some savages for sell on other forums I'll see if I can help you let's see what we can find save your money.

There some savages for sell on other forums I'll see if I can help you let's see what we can find save your money.

Thank you i really want one i know it will be a blast to get out there and have some fun. I seen a few stock 4.6 youtube videos and i tell ya the power and speed and size is the right combo. I do see the stock steering servo being the first real upgrade needing to be done. I tend to think this is true with most rtr monster trucks on the market today. :)

Well the engine is off and hope all goes well starting to worry haven't herd any thing saying he got it yet.

Ok here's where I'm at on this. Not sure if my engine made it to robin yet or is there a problem I'm not sure. So I'm going to take out the 30 spec 2 from my 801 xt and put it in my 4wd xl. For the 2wd that's awaiting the picco it's getting the 30x comp for it which I already have everything needed to do it. But as I'm awaiting the picco I'm sure I should build some tranny and diffs up to with stand the extra power. So I already know I need to bp the tranny. Is there any other things you guys think I should do. It has full xl drive train besides the whole front diff ect. I also painted a new body which is a slayer body and a sky blue. Got sum new F-11 wheels and badland tires and now awaiting a blue traxxas side wall protector. I'm really liken this body on the xl looks pretty good.

image_zpsbd448add.jpg

---------- Post added at 9:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:47 PM ----------

image_zpsbb9f566b.jpg

Back