Savage xl done up a bit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rubbing my hands together with a evil smile , that is a great combo .
Looking for word to a vid of her some time .

image_zps03cae6ff.jpg
well she's all finished up just gotta break her in and run it!!! As soon as I can get a vid I'll post it sum where cause I can't figure how to get them on here lol

---------- Post added at 5:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:40 PM ----------

image_zps7e16e05d.jpg[/UR

---------- Post added at 5:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:47 PM ----------

image_zps198417cd.jpg

Thank you

---------- Post added at 6:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:56 PM ----------

image_zps6d563a94.jpg

---------- Post added at 6:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:00 PM ----------

Just showing what I used to block off the holes in the bulk head so dirt stays out. I do gave all the the stuff to put it back to 4wd if I decide to try it with the new engine

It looks like a shock oil cap from a new bottle. If so thats a badass idea

It sure is! now I can scrape out the wax plugs I made for my 2wd savage.

Yes that's what it is on the shock cap

---------- Post added at 5:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:38 PM ----------

I also put one in where the drive gear go's but it was smaller and black

Ok I've ran the picco I still haven't tuned it for proformace so as I ran this thing in geting bottomend wheelies and a few on topend but not really tuned yet. This thing is pretty darn snappy. I've lock tighten everything and I've still lost about 6 screws yes I've replace them lol. Anyways I've really only got to do about 7 topend runs and seen a few here and there wheelies but time and time again it roost blows the badlands tires loose and throws dirt and grass and this isn't tuned in or runing her hard I have about 2 tanks shy of a whole gallon I'm still seeing that still to tight heat spike so she's not ready yet and I back off her a bit and the temps come right back down. She's starting to show that she wants to lol. Now back to my point this is a xl truck that's heavier than stock with the bulk heads and shock towers ect. She still pulling wheelies but mostly breaks the tires loose so I'm going back to 4wd after I take the engine out to re lock tight the clutch bell and tighten it back up. Then well see how that goes.

Ok getting back to you guys on my thoughts and engine choice. Well in the past I've owed and seen the whole LRP line in a savage here now. When i put my very first 30x in a sage i was like damn this is great these engines are out of this world. Now that I've actually have a ercm picco and pipe and got to run it side by side and in the same exact truck I'll give my review on that. Yes the Lrp's are very nice engines probably the best bang for your buck rtr up grade or someones first upgrade engine there easy to tune and have great power. i didn't however run the picco stock so I'm not sure how it would compare stock now that thats said the ercm picco is WOW WOW WOW on the snappy ness and power that comes from it.The LRP's 30x was my fav engine till this picco heres how i compared them. the only thing the 30x didn't get was the ercm pipe. i tested the 30x,30 spec 2, and I'm about to test a lrp 28 and 32. the 30's as they were compared the 30x is first in my book it seemed as the 30x would just pull more and has more rpm so you go i bit faster to.oh yeah there coupled with a dynamite o86 pipe hope this pipe was good enough for the test. the 30 spec 2 may just have a little bit of more bottom end then the 30x but git 10 feet out the gate in the 30x will stomp it all day. so as you see i really liked the 30x Now for the picco. This is a ERCM Picco 28 BOOST coupled to the ERCM Pipe this thing is so snappy and responsive its just nuts. the picco has no bog zone like the 30's the picco just seemed to be act as if it wasn't working at all the 30's you could hear that the picco wasn't working as hard. now the savages tested are 2wd and set up the same. the 30's seemed to pull wheelies more often then the picco not saying its doesn't or anything i feel the picco was just breaking the tires loose and taken off the 1/2 throttle and punch it grass and dirt just flying from the badland tires and rev out 3/4 punch it same thing the 30's wouldnt do it the same they would spin and throw grass but not rev out like the picco as i said before like they was working harder. the picco is just faster period. In my eye's it stands like this the picco on top with the 30x following then the 30 spec 2. they are all worth the $$ that they cost. I will still continue to buy the LRP line but they dont stand up to a ERCM Picco !!! its seems to me like LRP's are like stage 1 on a upgrade and picco would be 3 if going on there only 1-3 stages of upgrades the 4.6 Stock stage being at stage 0. Hope you like my review and hope this may have help you thank you.

Nice, I'm getting ready to join the ERCM club, if I can just stop buying rigs off kijiji......frickin kijiji why do you take all my money!

Back