revo 2008 platinum edition

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kswiencki

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
so they say you need a bump box to get the 3.3 spinning... is it possible to get a pull start on there? I'm playing with the idea of getting the platinum... just HATE anything to do with electric starts...

I don't think you can get a pull start on there because of the rear arms hitting it... I heard rpm makes and arm just for that but I'm not sure...

what about a spin start plate? i think that may take up less space than a pull... do you have a good hobby store near you? if so, take your rig down and ask them to let you try lining some things up so you can see what your options are.

You should be able to fit a pull start without interference with the rear arms. I don't have a PE, but I thought the arms and the clearance are the same for the 5308/5309. I think you will have to change out the crankshaft and backplate on the engine to fit a pull-start. And get a starter shaft and OWB. The spin start backplates are a little more narrow that the pull start backplate, too.

LBS is correct. The rear arms have nothing to do with fitting a pull start or a roto start. The crankshaft is not made to accept a one way bearing. I would suggest getting the RD logics Revo ll box. It works wonders. I was a heavy beleiver in the EZ-Start but going to the box was much much better. Spins the motor over faster, priming is easier and since the box is small its not much to lug around.

Any ideal where to get a cheap starter box

check out a-main hobbies they have both the rd logics and ofna revo boxes. and also look on e-bay as well.

Sooooo Whats a starting box? Obviously starts your rc but why is it better than the ez start? Sorry learning lots of stuff on this forum and I am going to start asking questions now that I got basics down.

Sooooo Whats a starting box? Obviously starts your rc but why is it better than the ez start? Sorry learning lots of stuff on this forum and I am going to start asking questions now that I got basics down.

a starter box lets you loose the sleazy start...which means you loose the one way bearing the wiring harness the backplate on the motor. a reasonable amount of weight...a few ounces but ounces do count during racing. while using a bump start system you need a special crank for the 3.3. but also you can remove the crank from a reg. 3.3 and grind down the ear that the start shaft catches. but not sure about you guys but my hands are not steady enough anymore to grind it down correctly.

and it is possible to use and hook up a ez-start on a platinum and a pull start as well.