Review: Kanye West-College Dropout

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For not liking 50 you sure seem to want to talk about him. All I said about 50 was that I give props to him, jay and Pdiddy. And the reason I give them props is because there making money. I could really give a poop less if he got his name from some dude or if he was born with it, honestly I dont care. his recent music is weak. And I see you were born in 1988 so by the time you went to school u already missed the best times of rap. From 90-94 was the time REAL rap was born and 94/95 was the time real rap died. Then commerical pop rap came out and has been poopy ever since. Without Dre, Kurupt, Xzibit and the rest of the west coats guys rap would be dead.

dont think I dont worship the N.W.A. because I know where I came from, and I know where I'm going. People are forgetting the past, and its ruining the future. I can really see where your going. Sorry I wasn't born earlier, but it still doesn't mean I dont listen to the real rap. I'm not really a Xzibit or Kurupt fan, but the Dre, Snoop, and Ice-Cube days were the best. I say N.W.A. forever!:bandit:

Hell yeah, Now your talkin!! And I just wanted to say, you say 50 is weak and a poser (If he is, he is, if he aint he aint) that automatically makes his music suck in your eyes, right? I mean I can understand that, how if a person thinks there fake there rapping about stuff they dont know anything about (JaRule). Anyway, what about Snoop then? Does that mean Snoops Doggystyle Cd sucks because hes a BIG poser. Proply one of the biggest in the game. He wasn't no gangbanger, and he Diffenatly aint no pimp. IMO hes a huge wankster, but Doggystyle is a Classic and probly the best cd ever. Just curious what ya thought. And N.W.A 4 life.

that girl running around at the airport in kanye west's video is freakin hot...lolz

lol thats true alkyula...but for 4nv:

I think SnoopLived UP to his rep. cuz he is a big pimp, and a gang banger.I think that he predicted the future...ah screw it, I don't wanna argue cuz DoggyStyle is one of my Fav's.
(N.W.A.)

If you wanna talk Underground Listen to this guy:

Royce Da 5'9

He is my favorite rapper right now and his good songs are:
T.O.D.A.Y.
Lets Go
Hip-Hop
Beef
Regardless

I think he has a good chance of blowing up. Keep an eye on him, if you want songs you can pm cuz i got some...:)

Originally posted by alkyula
that girl running around at the airport in kanye west's video is freakin hot...lolz

Thats actually Kanye Wests Cousin. Dont u member her from Clueless??

Also, yeah I like Royce Da 5'9. His shits preatty hot. I'm also a big Fan of Lil Flip and just watchin him get bigger and bigger.

Also I had to laugh at your Snoop the gangbanger and pimp poop..lol...Funny. I read his autobiography and he said in there numerous times how the Rollin 60's would always beat him up for some street rappin beef crap, and thats when he created DPGC (Dogg pound gangster crips) which at the time included him, Nate Dogg and Warren G (his childhood friends and also bandmates of a group called 213) So if a group of friends lableing themselves with a name and calling it a "Gang" is a true gang and makes them "Gangsters" then we have ALOT more gangsters around..lol...Shits funny. And Just because he rides Magic Don Juans peepee all day doesn't make HIM the pimp.

lol I dont need schooling on the 213 and the DPG...I actually have an old Warren-G cd and it is up there with the DoggyStyle cd.

hell yeah it is. his 1st one was a calssic for sure, then his second one was good too, then it was all down hill from there. I can believe he even put his name on that last one. The return of the regulator was sad...

I must say, ruined a amazing song.

WarrenG-Regulate

*best song ever*

I'm gonna be the white guy and say i like eminem just cause he makes fun of people and its friggin funny he also really doesn't give a rats ass about anything
but j5, blackalicious,, black eyed peas
the fat boys were good at one time i listen to some of there stuff every once in a while
dres good too

Eminem has skills i must say...noone can take that away.
He was one of th eoriginal white rappers, Vanilla Ice aside, Beastie Boys too (say what?!?!) so he really has balls. Hailing from detroit...his first rap partner was (My favorite) Royce Da 5'9. After that he decided to ditch his first partner and head off with D12...thats when he went mainstream. His life is one good story, I must say.:)

Yeah I'm a big fan of Em too. I'm not into D12 much though. I like Obie too. Have ya heard any date for Ems new Cd? I heard at the ned of the summer, but no exact date.

Eminem has SERIOUS skills. His lyrics and his persona are ASS but he's got a gift. As for D12...lol....I like his marketing.

What do y'all think of mos def?
IMHO-He is about as good as Common.

I like mos but to me he needs some beats. If he had someone like Dre or someone reputable makes some good beats itd really help his career. I'm not a fan of common though.

Personally, I dont like dre's new beats. I liked his older ones especially Guilty Conscience. I like beats from Ludacris, Kanye West, and Eminem does magic with the snare:)

Oh yeah, if you haven't heard the master of lyrics (mos def) before, check out this masterfully written piece of work from a song called "thieves in the night" by Black Star (mos def and talib kweli)

Mos Def]
Yo, I'm sure that everbody out listenin agree
That everything you see ain't really how it be
A lot of jokers out runnin in place, chasin the style
Be a lot goin on beneath the empty smile
Most cats in my area be lovin the hysteria
Synthesized surface conceals the interior
America, land of opportunity, mirages and camoflauges
More than usually -- speakin loudly, sayin nothin
You confusin me, you losin me
Your game is twisted, want me enlisted -- in your usary
Foolishly, most men join the ranks cluelessly
Buffoonishly accept the deception, believe the perception
Reflection rarely seen across the surface of the lookin glass
Walkin the street, wonderin who they be lookin past
Lookin gassed with them imported designer shades on
Stars shine bright, but the light -- rarely stays on
Same song, just remixed, different arrangement
Put you on a yacht but they won't call it a slaveship
Strangeness, you don't control this, you barely hold this
Screamin brand new, when they just sanitized the old poop
Suppose it's, just another clever Jedi mind trick
That they been runnin across stars through all the time with
I find it's distressin, there's never no in-between
We either n****z or Kings
We either bi***es or Queens
The deadly ritual seems immersed, in the perverse
Full of short attention spans, short tempers, and short skirts
Long barrel automatics released in short bursts
The length of black life is treated with short worth
Get yours first, them other n****z secondary
That type of illin that be fillin up the cemetary
This life is temporary but the soul is eternal
Separate the real from the lie, let me learn you
Not strong, only aggressive, cause the power ain't directed
That's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive
Not free, we only licensed
Not live, we just excitin
Cause the captors.. own the masters.. to what we writin
Not compassionate, only polite, we well trained
Our sincerity's rehearsed in stage, it's just a game
Not good, but well behaved cause the ca-me-ra survey
most of the things that we think, do, or say
We chasin after death just to call ourselves brave
But everyday, next man meet with the grave
I give a damn if any fan recall my legacy
I'm tryin to live life in the sight of God's memory
Like that y'all

All I can say is...D-A-M-M-M-M-N-N-N-N!!!!!!!!!
-Shk

Last edited:
Kweli is awesome as hell.
I miss Lyracist lounge. Member when Mos was on there? That was sweet.

lol, Mos is the man. BTW the lyrics above is from MosDef not Kweli.
Even though Kweli is as good, if not better....:wasted:

Yeah i knew that. Miss Phat booty is a classic. I was just sayin Kweli is awesome

mmm Lyracist Lounge....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back