Review: Kanye West-College Dropout

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentHunterKellen

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
This is a review on the all-new kanYeWest Cd:
The College Dropout

It blends a style of new school beats with old school rapping. The blend is quite marvelous, and soothing to the ears. Contrary to the popular hate rapping, this cd has alot more to bring to the table. Kanye has truely mastered the art of rapping. His tone, and pitch are most pleasureable to listen to. He also has mighty MC's checking in on different tracks such as Jay-Z in "Never Let Me Down" and Talib Kweli on "Get Em High" and even Jamie Foxx and Twista in "Slow Jamz" Ludacris checks in at the hook of "Breathe in Breathe out" and there are too much to mention. The cd contains 21 songs, with about 6 skits. You are truely getting the music for your money considering most stores are selling it for $11.99. Dont be scared off by the ugly album art, I must admit it is weird. But After you tear through the plastic with anxious hands, the buried treasure is well worth it. This is where I place it in my Favorite Albums List:

1)Wu-Tang Enter the Wu (36Chambers)
2)TupacShakur Better Dayz(Disc1&2)
3)RoyceDa5'9"-Death Is Certain
4)Outkast-LoveBelow/Speakerboxx
5)KanYeWest-TheCollegeDropout**
6)Ludacris-Word of Mouf
7)Jay-Z-TheBluePrint2
8)GhostfaceKillah-ThePrettyToneyAlbum

And thats the review. If your still wondering wether to get it...check your CD player, and if an Eazy-E cd is still spinning, I highly suggest you go get some new flava.
Peace...
-Shk

Its good, get it.

lol....exactly.

its been out for awhile now. its nice tho
i give him props for rappin with his mouth wired shut

1)Wu-Tang Enter the Wu (36Chambers)
2)TupacShakur Better Dayz(Disc1&2)
3)RoyceDa5'9"-Death Is Certain
4)Outkast-LoveBelow/Speakerboxx
5)KanYeWest-TheCollegeDropout**
6)Ludacris-Word of Mouf
7)Jay-Z-TheBluePrint2
8)GhostfaceKillah-ThePrettyToneyAlbum
[/B]

I agree Kanye West's Cd is good, but The 36 chambers of Wu?? Outkast?? Blueprint 2??? And Ghostface??? even the 2pac cd (Of all the 2pacs, this is the one u like best??)

1st (IMO) 36 Chambers of Wu blew ass bubbles, Outkast are a couple of Talentless Dueches, The BluePrint 2 was a Joke, (Blueprint1 was o.k., his best cd was resonable doubt HANDS DOWN) Ghostface sucks...Dude can't even make Trl for cripes sakes. And Better dayz was o.k. but was just leftover tracks pac didnt feel were up to his par (which I agree) and his best is All eyez on me (Hands Down also)

my list goes

#1 Snoop Doggy Doggs Doggystyle
#2 Dr. Dre The Chronic
#3 Dr. Dre's Chronic 2001
#4 2pac All Eyes on me
#5 Notorius Big Ready to Die

none of them cds wouldnt even make my top 25. Just my opinon. I was just shocked to see Outkast actually had a fan...lol

Its actually not bad.

The outkast cd isnt bad...

BTW: If you dont like the Wu, gimme a break. :)
I think the cd: Enter the WU (36Chambers) is one of the greatest cds ever created.

I'm a fitty cent guy myself....

"he got shot 9 times!"

' chris rock

2 words... Vanilla Ice

I'm on a roll, it's time to go solo
Rollin' in my 5.0
With my ragtop down so my hair can blow
The girlies on standby, Waving just to say Hi
Did you stop? No -- I just drove by
Kept on pursuing to the next stop
I busted a left and I'm heading to the next block

Last edited:
ICE ICE BABY!
ice.gif

Re: Re: Review: Kanye West-College Dropout

Originally posted by 4u2nv
#1 Snoop Doggy Doggs Doggystyle
#2 Dr. Dre The Chronic
#3 Dr. Dre's Chronic 2001
#4 2pac All Eyes on me
#5 Notorius Big Ready to Die

Well i the albums that stand out in my mind are:
Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle
Fugees - the score (amazing album)

Oh i forgot to mention one of the greatest rappers of all time...NastyNaS himself. NaStrADaMaS...He has four great albums I listen to on a regular basis...Illmatic, and The Lost tapes are the two that really stay in my cd player.
Right now, he really is transferring to the mainstream "Gangsta" rap with ur 9 and the the 24"'s...so I'm really shying away from him, but if you dont own NaS-Illmatic. You NEED It NOW!

NAS SUCKS bigtime. Dude sucks. Hes had ONE good album and thats Illmatic. His poop is week. Also Wu tang is o.k. but never had a "Classic" album. The one that would come closest would be the Double and thats only cuz of Triumph. Without Method man the Wu wouldnt be poop.
LOL at Greatest rappers. But I guess everyone has their own opinons. I'm more into west coast rap but give props to Puffy, Jay Z, Biggy, 50 and a few others, but the West coast is home of the "Real Classics" I think.

Fifty....I hope its the Underground fifty not the "I GOT SHOT NINE TIMES" fifty. Cuz 50 cent is worth as much as his name. He has no skills what soever. He doesn't have good flow, his rhymes are about as meaningful as a blank piece of paper. I dont think anyone over the age of 9 should like 50 cent. Unless they are deaf... But seriously NaS is a living legend. Just like Jay-Z. NaStraDamas Era Was one of his greatest time of rapping. He had the sickest flows, the best rhymes and his beats were fresh as usual. I dont know how anyone can deny him of the throne. NaS and Jay-Z have both earned a far better reputation than the late 50 cent and they have actually WORKED for their money.

Nas put out 1 good Cd. Whats he put out like 5? Nastrodamus was a fuggin joke, Stillmatic was hilarious, it was written had one catchy sone on it which flooded the "Pop" radio waves...hes lame and wayyy overated. I've been folowwing 50's career since he started and Ill agree Big time that hes getting "Poppy" just like Jay Z is now. But 50's underground poop is still good when he actually keeps it gangster. G unit is just gay overal. In New York I still think Puffy holds the throne, even though he hasnt had to much sucess with music lately but the man is a genius and has ALL bases covered. Now back to Nas, when Illmatic come out, Ill admit it was good, but he still wasn't runnin poop with that Cd. There were ALOT more cds out there hotter than his. I guess I just dont like him because hes a poser and a Pac and biggie dickrider. Pac HATED him and would have NEVER let him do a song to his beat. NEVER. anyway.. I think rap right now is at a altime low and will be until Dre drops his new album in Oct.

Great you got something against NaS...good...but If you like 50cent right now, YOUR the fuggin joke.

Re: Re: Re: Review: Kanye West-College Dropout

Originally posted by kwong2001

Fugees - the score (amazing album)

Totally agree abou thte Fugees album, that's one of the best "hip hop albums every recorded. They need to put their petty chit aside and record another album already.

The vast majority of rap/hip-hop today is utter crap that you'd have to pay me to listen to. Outkast is an excpetion to this. Hell, my 80 year old grandma likes the "hey ya" song.

Read dude, I said the underground 50. As meaning his past stuff. Hes to commercial to drop underground stuff. And I can see by your inteligance and now you stooped to namecalling that your a real brite guy.

Are you talking about the REAL 50 cent? I'm talking about the 50' that noone even heard of. I've heard one of his song, and its okay. Much better than the biter' 50 cent. I'm talking about the 50 cent that the NEW 50 cent stole his name from. He didn't come up with the name "50 Cent" by himself, he copped it from a UG rapper. Do some research, and come back. I'll give you a hint, the UG 50 cent isn't mainstream, so good luck finding anything about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back