new here and need help with 1/8 buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah just ordered that clutch setup. Sweet deal man thanks and i found that mount setup on amazon so that was good. hope the kit comes with non phillips head screws to mount the bottom tho....

25-30% fuel a temp gun and some after run oil for when you aren't using it and you should have it mostly covered.

Ok so far i have
motor mount kit
hump battery pack
clutch kit
2 servo's
transmitter/receiver
shock/diff oils
tires/glue
lock tight blue

Yea it will lol I'm sure ill have 1000 more questions once i get the kit and all the parts to me and start building.

thank you very much btw you where a big big help with this

Yea it will lol I'm sure ill have 1000 more questions once i get the kit and all the parts to me and start building.
We love questions, especially from people that truly want to learn. Don't be afraid to ask.

iv allways loved nitro rc 1.8 scale and i think this time around I'm going to really jump into it head first learn all i can and begen racing at my local track "10 mins from my house" had no idea lol

Check out the Novarrossi Paloma .21 Limited edition on Novarrossi direct in the off-road/.21 section. I run that with a Dynamite 086 pipe and it's very fast. Also check out the other engines and the larger ones too. I got a killer deal on the Rex Legend .28 on that same site.
Also check out the Protek 150 and 130 series servos on Amain, they're excellent.
Just an idea for ya and it's under $200 combo with the pipe!
Here's a link to a vid of the Paloma engine running:
Love the layout of that track. The buggy is cool too.

If it doesn't come with one or either of those it will be easy to get them. If you bought that one clutch from the link on Amazon then you have everything you need for the clutch. I read the spec sheet but it leaves those details out. For example it says you need an engine in pipe but doesn't say you need a clutch for the engine And I don't know if that means it comes with the kit or if they're leaving it up to the engine makers to inform you when you buy the engine.But the purpose of buying a kit is to be able to purchase aftermarket upgrade parts like servos, engines, pipes, clutches, tires and such. So I don't see why they would include a clutch.
Also if you don't have a battery charger besides the ones that come with the battery I would look into a better one especially if you ever upgrade to a LiPo or different type of battery you will need a different charger.
Nice engine by the way.

I actually was trying to call and ask them but none was answering the phones at kyosho. I mean if it does come with it doesint really matter better to have a replacement either way. Yeah i was already factoring in a better charger thanks for your replies Kris. can't wait to start building!!

Did you already have a charger for that pack?
Acully I do not have a charger for the battery. But I was prob going to just pick one up from my local hobby shop?

Just wasn't sure if that was counted in your $1000 budget. You might want to ask around as to what would be good for you to buy. Considering the transmitter you bought, you may want to get a lipo pack for it too, but get a charger that is capable of charging all 3 of your batteries so you don't have to deal with device specific chargers.

I'm old school, still using NiMH batteries and an old MRC charger. At least they have higher capacity 2/3A cells now and LSD AA's for the transmitter. :)

Just wasn't sure if that was counted in your $1000 budget. You might want to ask around as to what would be good for you to buy. Considering the transmitter you bought, you may want to get a lipo pack for it too, but get a charger that is capable of charging all 3 of your batteries so you don't have to deal with device specific chargers.

I'm old school, still using NiMH batteries and an old MRC charger. At least they have higher capacity 2/3A cells now and LSD AA's for the transmitter. :)
Well I kinda went a little over my $1000 lol .I knew it would but hell I wanted a good roller with ok internals. Thanks for the advice on battery's and chargers btw always seeking knowledge. I have all the major parts to build it now.just need tools paint charger starting components etc now but honestly will get them at the hobby shop if I can't find what I need I'm sure I'll be asking on what and where to order it from.