new here and need help with 1/8 buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not familiar but post up when you figure it out in case someone ever needs the info

there was a sheet that came with the manual and it tells you what to use for what kinda setup so it was kinda easy lol. But now I'm having a real hard time with setting up the throttle and breakage linkage.....I'm stumped....if i center the servo and put the trim at 0 the carb will be open about 6mm but when i break it goes to about 1mm... also applying the break and or throttle the servo is acually bending in its holder.....making the whole left side of the buggy bend...iv tried ajusting it and i just can't get it...heres some pictures if it helps
http://tinypic.com/r/35apy7n/9
http://tinypic.com/r/254vu6w/9
http://tinypic.com/r/254vu6w/9

At idle, your gap should be about 1mm, so I'd start from there.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
heres a couple photos of one of my buggies linkage and carb gap when it's set at 0 trim. I know it's not answer to your problem but just look at them to see if it gives you any ideas. It sounds like your servo is traveling too far at the end points and that's when it's binding. At full throttle it should stop traveling just as the carb slide is fully open and your finger is on full throttle. Same with the brakes. The servo should not want to travel any further than when the brakes fully engage and your finger is on full brakes. I hope that makes sense! Lol
it definitely looks good and its always the simple things that turn out the most difficult sometimes, Especially in this hobby.
Also notice how the blue carb insert covers my idle gap. Although it looks closed its actually perfect and the blue insert is covering the view of the carb gap at idle.

Is there anyway to stop the over traveling?

Sorry for my ignorance hamz but what is a TX and how do i do that?

TX is shorthand for transmitter and most computer radios have this function in their settings.

oh alright guys thanks ill do that just got done setting the rebound "right" on the shocks.

I'm guessing this is probably your first computer radio. (Radio, Transmitter, Tx)
You'll need to sit down with the manual till you get the sequence figured out, then it gets amazingly easy to adjust things. Whatever you do, do NOT try to start the engine till you have your servos properly adjusted, both mechanically and with the radio. Being able to set the endpoints with the push of a couple of buttons is sheer joy. Enjoy.

not my first but never had to adjust anything...and I'm going to have to wait to mess with it i lost a damn screw and looked for over 2 hours for it...have to order a new one....

not my first but never had to adjust anything...and I'm going to have to wait to mess with it i lost a damn screw and looked for over 2 hours for it...have to order a new one....
Does this mean we can tease you about screwing around? lol

i found the screw!! it was in the threads of the freaking tire lol! and i was able to set the breaks and throttle right without any pulling from the servos. well kinda the break still pulls it ever so slightly but its the best i can do. now to run the fuel lines and put the air filter on and its done and ready for break in!

Thanks for helping me out guys with this project.

It's what we do! Well, some of us. Rolex tends to just clean off the 3 or 4 dust particles his machines collect in their vacuum sealed case.

After building it I don't wanna even run it now lol its to nice! But of course I will it's going to break my heart the first time I flip it.....lol

Ugh I just watched a video for shiming the difs...and I have way to much play and back lash looks like I'll be tearing it down and shiming it....wouldn't bother me to much but I don't like screwing into plastic to many times afraid to strip it....

Last edited:
Back