Losi LST XXL, Traxxas Revo 3.3 or HPI Savage XL?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Call Losi, they'll take care of you, I agree with Mudslinger about the stock servos but they should at least get you through break in. The pull start is a weak point, I always use my roto start, some guys upgrade to the roto start only plate. Sucks that you're having these issues, once you get it straightened out though, you'll love it.

The combination roto/pull start for the 454 is my one complaint about it. I've broken 2 of them already. Once while using the roto and once while using the pull start. If the third one breaks I'm ordering going to try the extra roto only plate for the 427 I have as it looks like it will work. Once you get it all sorted you'll love it...dont get disheartened...just a couple minor set backs that Horizon Hobbies will replace if you call em up and tell them the problem.

Reverse gear fixed :D

Still waiting for HH response for the other issues.

What type or size is the LST XXL battery pack? The high capacity battery pack I bought is bigger than the original pack :(

Yes. I ordered 5 cell 6V flat pack (Tenergy 6V 3300mAh NiMH Side by Side Battery Receiver Pack) but its bigger than my original battery pack :(

Does it mean, "flat" is they key to my problem?

1100mAh wears out easily, grrr

Yes. I ordered 5 cell 6V flat pack (Tenergy 6V 3300mAh NiMH Side by Side Battery Receiver Pack) but its bigger than my original battery pack :(

Does it mean, "flat" is they key to my problem?

1100mAh wears out easily, grrr

I haven't had a problem with my stock pack, did you fully charge it? You can move the battery to another location, I'm running a hump pack on mine right now (I cracked my stock pack in half). I have the hump pack velcroed to the fron shock tower, mounting options are endless with velcro and zipties.

Maybe its the rapid charging that is causing the quick drain on my batt pack. Do you have any suggestion for a good charger?

On a side note, this is the reply I got from Horizon Hobby
"If the pull start and servo are in operable you will need to replace both units, the warranty on the products are date of purchase only and unfortunately, we only warranty products sold in the US. "

They should NOT have sold their products overseas then.
Guess that explains why very few hobby shop opt to carry Losi LST XXL. (I will have to cancel my (2) LST XXL I ordered yesterday).

Non-US buyers
Better think twice before buying any Horizon Hobby products. I'm not the only one here having this issue.

Some non-US members from another forum also confirmed they had been denied by Horizon Hobby to replace the damn crappy pull start and servo.

Anyone who is on the fence to LST XXL should consider taking a look at different monster truck. Customer support is a BIG factor when choosing a product.

I know how you feel, however, steering some one away from a truck just because you had trouble with CS is not reason to discourage some one else from buying one. I understand that CS is a big factor in buying a truck, but warranty only goes so far and half of this hobby involves buying and fixing the rig yourself. The LST is a great truck, it has a few kinks, but so does every RTR rig. I have owned three savages and a tmaxx, each one having a servo fail before or just after break in was complete. As well as hearing other people having the same issues occur. These are the things that come with buying an RTR rig, most of these parts need upgrading anyway and are easily replaced. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
I'm well aware that I will be spending money as I play, no problem about that in fact I already ordered several hop ups before I received my truck. But truck breaking down on day one (break in stage) and bad CS isn't fun at all. It wasn't the extra $$$ to replace the part but more like selling a RTR truck with some missing parts (hope it makes sense).

Agreed. LST XXL is a great truck apart from the crappy pullstart/throttle servo/chassis brace

Oh I before I forget, mine came with 18/25T CB instead of 19/26T :angry:

Back