Jammin SCRT-10 rc short course truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has been out for a bit now. Getting great reviews, probably one of the better 4X4 SC trucks available out there right now. Only real negatives have been its' slightly smaller size compared to the other 1/10 scale SC trucks, meaning smaller wheels and tires, and also the first production run trucks have been having problems breaking bumpers, but that may have been resolved by now.

It comes as a roller, no electronices for $269, if you can find them in stock anywhere.
If I could afford one I'd have one in a heartbeat.

Just picked mine up a few days ago. It shares all of the major suspension components with the CRT.5.

The tires are smaller, but Slash wheels bolt right on. (Must use the rear offset wheels though)

As for the bumpers, I talked to Jammin Jay right after I got my truck and he said that they have re-formulated the plastic to allow it to be more flexible. They are also re-designing the front bumper entirely for a more durable design. It should be out shortly.

They are also making a new body as the current one is just a touch narrow and there is some tire rub when you put the regular size SC tires on.

The early kits came with blue (medium) springs and the truck is a bit undersprung. The new kits now come with white (firm) springs and the set-up is much improved.

I used an LRP Sphere (with a fan) and an X-12 6.5 turn. The motor gets a little warm and I plan to add a fan to it very soon.

Finally got it put together. This is one nice handling truck.

This truck is a must have.. looks like it handles great!!!

Just picked mine up a few days ago. It shares all of the major suspension components with the CRT.5.

The tires are smaller, but Slash wheels bolt right on. (Must use the rear offset wheels though)

As for the bumpers, I talked to Jammin Jay right after I got my truck and he said that they have re-formulated the plastic to allow it to be more flexible. They are also re-designing the front bumper entirely for a more durable design. It should be out shortly.

They are also making a new body as the current one is just a touch narrow and there is some tire rub when you put the regular size SC tires on.

The early kits came with blue (medium) springs and the truck is a bit undersprung. The new kits now come with white (firm) springs and the set-up is much improved.

I used an LRP Sphere (with a fan) and an X-12 6.5 turn. The motor gets a little warm and I plan to add a fan to it very soon.

Edit to the above post- Slash Front wheels will fit, and it makes the track width 4mm (overall) wider. I have an SC10 body on mine as the stock Jammin body rubbed with Slash rears on all four corners. Even with the Slash fronts all around, the truck is still inside the ROAR spec for track-width.

Looks like a very good upgrade :thumbup1:

A few updates- Even with the white (firm) springs, the front end is undersprung. Associated front truck springs fit on there nicely and offer some extra tuning options.

Also, even with an LRP heatsink/fan combo on the motor, my 6.5 is getting very hot (200 deg). After a little research I found that the Novak HV line of motors works very well, allow taller gearing, and keep temps way down. I am waiting for a reply as to whether my LRP Sphere will work with that motor, or if I need to get a Havok Pro to go with the HV motor.

@jonpfive: "Also, even with an LRP heatsink/fan combo on the motor, my 6.5 is getting very hot (200 deg)"...which pinion gear and what battery?

@jonpfive: "Also, even with an LRP heatsink/fan combo on the motor, my 6.5 is getting very hot (200 deg)"...which pinion gear and what battery?

Battery is Reedy 5000 35c lipo. I have tried 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 tooth pinions. Temps go down with lower tooth count, but still too hot. I have adjusted the power down on the esc, limited the throttle on my controller, etc. The Novak HV series motors run very cool in these trucks, only problem is they are not ROAR legal, and I plan on racing the electric Nats this year. (They will be at Leisure Hours Raceway this summer)

I run the mamba max 5700 with a 9 tooth pinon and stock 46 spur with 2cell 5200 lipo and just smoked my speed control.WTF!!! The 9 tooth pion is the smallest mod 1 pinon I could find,and they dont make(from what I know of anyway)a bigger spur for the truck..The local track will not allow anything smaller then a 9 turn motor in the pro 4 class.Anybody have any ideas?

If your track will allow it switch to a mamba max pro with novak hv4.5 which equates to about a 5700kv. It's still wla 540 can but it's longer, so it provides more torque. This will allow you to gear back in the 13 tooth range and still run cool. Hope that helps.

Battery is Reedy 5000 35c lipo. I have tried 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 tooth pinions. Temps go down with lower tooth count, but still too hot. I have adjusted the power down on the esc, limited the throttle on my controller, etc. The Novak HV series motors run very cool in these trucks, only problem is they are not ROAR legal, and I plan on racing the electric Nats this year. (They will be at Leisure Hours Raceway this summer)
That's too bad, I was going to run EZRUN 60A + 6000kv Brushless combo with 11T pinion, I think these are going to be hot too! I heard good things about HV 4.5, but that means I need to buy a new ESC, my EZRUN 60A is not strong enough to pull the HV...:(

I run the mamba max 5700 with a 9 tooth pinon and stock 46 spur with 2cell 5200 lipo and just smoked my speed control.WTF!!! The 9 tooth pion is the smallest mod 1 pinon I could find,and they dont make(from what I know of anyway)a bigger spur for the truck..The local track will not allow anything smaller then a 9 turn motor in the pro 4 class.Anybody have any ideas?
How could that happen? Does your esc have thermal sensor/thermal cut-off?

That's too bad, I was going to run EZRUN 60A + 6000kv Brushless combo with 11T pinion, I think these are going to be hot too! I heard good things about HV 4.5, but that means I need to buy a new ESC, my EZRUN 60A is not strong enough to pull the HV...:(

How could that happen? Does your esc have thermal sensor/thermal cut-off?

I dont know how or why trying figure that out,I do know one thing it really piss me off especialy after I just got the system.

I'm in the same boat... I ordered an HV 4.5, but found out yesterday that my LRP Sphere won't handle it. I may just get the Havok Pro, but I haven't decided yet.

On a similar note, I keep hearing rumblings about a 4WD SC truck from Associated. If they save significant weight over the current 4WD SC offerings, I may just wait and buy one of those. I love driving the Jammin, but a lighter truck will save me from having to buy more electronics.

There are rumors of the jammin truck coming with a plastic tub, and lay down battery. Don't shortchange the jammin yet

There are rumors of the jammin truck coming with a plastic tub, and lay down battery. Don't shortchange the jammin yet

That would be nice. Even if I got the AE 4WD, I'll still keep the Jammin. I can't have too many SC trucks...

I've heard rumors of a suspension redesign on the Jammin too. Wider track, longer front shocks. There is someone making a front shock tower for this truck that allows the use of 1/8 scale shocks on the front, but this is mainly to allow use of 1/8 scale springs as the truck is pretty undersprung yet.

I have that shock tower and a set of rear shocks for it as well. Haven't mounted it yet, I have the metal shock towers front and rear right now

Just got an LRP SPX-8 to go with my HV 5.5 and all I can say is wow! A few high speed runs down the parking lot have me seriously jonesing to get to the track on Saturday. The outdoor track at Leisure Hours is officially open and this truck is gonna eat it up!

Back