HPI Mini Recon RTR 1/18th truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wont spend another penny on mine, it has become a paper weight, can't get any of the money back cause no one will buy them because they are JUNK. Good Job HPI!!

hey guys,i am updating the recon.lots of problems with the shocks.although these new ones are working better,but have'nt hit anything or jumped it yet.went to a brushless system.actually bought a team associated rc18t2 and just used the motor and esc.now eating up the gear on the shaft.although pro racing makes parts that fit the recon (pro racing meaga tech propulse t110)and they make a carbon fiber shaft with stronger gears.as far as wheels and tires pro racing makes alot,rc18,3racing.now the recon is good.as for the team associated rc18t2 all mamba power.only problem,keeps eating the belt for the front drive.so for now it is rear drive, for on my street.awesome.

Just curious why you bought an entire brushless truck just to use the motor/esc out of it? I have an original RC-18T and comparing stock with stock, I thought that the HPI looked a bit weak and passed on it.

Just curious why you bought an entire brushless truck just to use the motor/esc out of it? I have an original RC-18T and comparing stock with stock, I thought that the HPI looked a bit weak and passed on it.

good thing you passed on it, i wish i would have bought the RC-18T

i bought a rc182 to turn into a mamba monster,and used stock motor and esc to put into the hpi.

The mini recon isnt as big as the Mini revo and isnt even considered in the same class, the mini recon is a small brushed 4wd truck it doesn't even compare to the mini e revo, nor was it intended to.

Back