How can I make a mini wall ride for the basement mini track? Any other kind of opinions on different jumps? How to build them differently?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Basement mini track: https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/davids-basement-mini-track-private-just-for-show.140252/

How can I make a mini wall ride for the mini track?

The only thing I really got is cardboard boxes that I can cut down and tape together
The only thing I am worrying about is how to make it at a perfect angle, and how to make the transition from the floor (carpet) to the wall ride.

Also, cardboard really doesn't give enough traction to the car (Losi Mini B) when using carpet Pin tires rear and wedge tires. What can I put on the cardboard to reinforce it and to get the car to have traction on it? The only thing I really have is old towels we do not use anymore. Sure I can get some astro turf and or carpet and cover it up, but wouldn't that be too heavy for that cardboard? What else could I make it out with? Maybe thinner plywood?

Also another thing is where to put it?
I am thinking about putting it and making it high enough for the 6FT folding table we have. As anywhere else in the basement would not be ideal for a wall ride

Edit:
Another thing to add on is this track is not permanate. It is a weekend thing, to do for a couple hours to have some fun so looking to be something small, and easy to put away and store.

For the jumps / ramps. I currently have a little table top thing. And a 2 "roller" kinds of jumps.

Something else I was thinking is if I move out the chair to the back of the basement, I can have maybe a foot of more track space. If I didn't have the couch there. That can add easily 2 to 3 extra track space aswell.
Would this mini track be too small for some lane dividers so I can actually see the layout? Thinking of pool noodles and old towels. The pool noodles we have are the bigger thicker ones and are bent. Ideally will be needing the ultra thin ones.

**Look at the basement mini track thread on the bottom of the second page for current pictures and video**

And due to this, I am looking at more mini cars. But since this is being a small track, can't really have more than 2 cars running at 1 time. Because it would just be insane.
Something else I can think of is if I had that Arrma Granite Mini Grom or a a Losi LMT Mini, I can make a Mini Monster Jam track as here: https://www.youtube.com/@minijamrc - they actually have a dirt backyard monster jam style arena. Scaled down to like, what 1/6 or 1/10th for those LMTs and clod busters?

Another youtube, this channel, I like this guy, he has a backyard carpet track. I think he is in Florida, or California. Can't tell. But looks cool and might steal some of his track ideas from him:
https://www.youtube.com/@ixclusiverc - he runs mini cars such as WlToyz, LC Racing, and Losi

Now about the jumps and roller jumps. What could I possibly do better? I could make the table top a bit better. I use my charger box underneath, with a fishers popcorn bucket, and a roll of shop towels. Could be a little bit better than that. 🤣 I was thinking if I can make a jump high enough that I can make the Mini B fit underneath and have like sort of a tunnel kind of thing?

Fine, Ill add the pictures here so I can save you some time. 🤣 :rolleyes:

PXL_20240121_212439151.MP.jpg

PXL_20240121_212401337.MP.jpg

PXL_20240121_205832377.jpg

PXL_20240121_212451923.jpg

PXL_20240122_010249494.jpg

Last edited:
Ha. Here we go
Toilet paper as lane dividers
Dad: Do you know how expensive toilet paper is!?!? 🤣
** Track space not actual scale** **Used for testing purposes as I had a thought in my mind**

20240122_223812.jpg

20240122_223822.jpg

Back