GS Storm Buggy Thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actually scratch that on the P5.... i decided on getting the vz-b instead. more torque. but it's gonna be badass... i'll take pix when i get it.

L8r,
Garrett

here's a pic of my new vz-b.
L8r,
Garrett

Attachments

• new storm.jpg
    new storm.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 105
Heres yet another story of my dumbness in rc cars.

I was at my friends house this past weekend, and hadnt glued my tires on right. we decide to do one high-speed drag race before going home. He lines up his mbx-5, i line up my storm. 3, 2, 1, go!!! We go flying down the street, and past his brother. We both break hard and wait for his brother to signal the win. He had fallen over for some reason. With a look of terror, i see one of my tires lying on his chest, and another rolling down my friends hill. Long story short, i gave my friends bro treadmarks for a face and the other tire had a close encounter with a full sized car. Other than a few scrapes on my wheel, no damage was done. But it was hilarious.

Just a tip to anyone who cares:
Spend the time to glue your tires right.

Andrew

that's why i buy pre-glued... they are done so well now, i can't do anybetter myself.

L8r,
Garrett

well... i went racing w/ my new vz-b this saturday... and it was the worst day ever in my history of r/c. Well... everything was going great until the second qualifier. My practice was great... my engine was running amazing (never went over 215) and my new tires were hooking up like no other. So anyway, on my second qualifier someone in the pits decides to turn on their radio w/ the same frequency as mine... i lose total control of my car and it revs all the way out and slams into the wall. Still going out of control i see sparks all of a sudden coming out of the block.

Long story short, i broke my connecting rod. But luckily enough... my piston and sleeve are still fine.

I was in second place when this happened... like it really matters though in qualifying w/ only 6 racers. Like there is gonna be a b main or something.

L8r,
Garrett

Did you find the peepee that decided to turn on his radio? Don't you have a frequency board? You always turn on your car first! If the servo are moving someone else if on that frequency. I would of been pissed!!

Originally posted by Gmanlusk2004

Long story short, i broke my connecting rod. But luckily enough... my piston and sleeve are still fine.

L8r,
Garrett

careful - almost 100% of the time, when u break a con rod, the pistion and sleeve are damaged too. u just can't see it. but microscopic cracks and tears are on the piston and sleeve from the lil bits of metal off the con rod. dont just replace the rod - replace the P&S too. this just happened to my RZ(VO1B) too.

not the worse day in RC, btw - u should search some of my threads when i first started racing,lol.

well... i know that most of the time the p/s go bad too, but i had all of the "experts" there take a look at my p/s and they all said that it's still good. They were all very amazed. I only had the engine for one week when this happened.

And no, i didn't get the peepee who turned their radio on... yes we do have a frequency board... but the rule is that NO ONE is supposed to have their radio on when there is a race or qualifier going on.

L8r,
Garrett

Originally posted by Gmanlusk2004
worst day ever in my history of r/c.

hey guys... I've had my storm for a year. i ripped my stock chassis in the same spot.

i then got the fioroni chassis only to ream out the holes in the front. i sent the chassis back to fioroni and the gave me off a new one{which by the way was changed a little from the first chassis i got}

i also went to the pro{metal} susp. blocks. i believe those helped to wreck the chassis-loose screws my @ss.i always used loctite and checked screws. i started to use longer screws so if it broke{and they did-the screws that is} i could get the remaining part out of the block and reuse it.after going through like 3 sets of blocks at 40$ a pop, i went back to the plastic ones. i'ld rather replace an always stocked $4 part. then potentially damaging my chassis

well anyway... my new fioroni chassis has held up alot better....for those who didnt notice the switch was about 6-8 months ago{the new style had more areas drilled out to make it lighter} i think they removed some of the drilling out around the weak areas too.

which brings me to my first ?
the hinge pins sold on ebay are said to not work on the fioroni chassis. any 1 get around this? do they fit on the Ti chassis?

have any of you seen the slim chassis from fioroni? it looks like the removed the holes in question and give you some new alum. pieces to mount the arms/blocks to the chassis? here is the link to the fioroni page http://www.gsracing.com/gsracing/page.asp?pg=products&catid=31&fatherid=8&rootid=1

heres the link to the conversion kit and chassis http://www.gsracing.com/gsracing/page.asp?pg=products&catid=31&fatherid=8&rootid=1&id=429
is it to make the storm an on road vehicle or to solve the problem we have been discussing?

i trashed my BO1 trying to get the front bearing out so i got the os rz-v01B- i love it. i've seen several diff. thoughts on which tuned pipe to get...any thoughts on this - i stuck to my stock pipe for now. it is loud but read it gives you better low end then some tuned pipes.

you shouldve said - you hear it runnin bitch? lol

i can- by law continue to run this here well past 7 and am only turning it off to be cool to you. the fuel has to be run totally out to avoid possibly damaging the engine. i am trying to be as repectful as i can but if you keep giving me sh!t about it, i'll start running it till i have to stop-by law. not when YOU THINK when I should

Last edited:
alrighty then................:mex:

40 year old B**** taken down by a 16 year old

i finally got rid of my neighbor. She got arrested and thrown in jail for 3 days and has to do 50 hours of community service for attempted assault. Basically, she came after me with a baseball bat while i was working on my car in the driveway. She is banned from within 30 feet of our property as well. Wonder how shes gonna drive her kids to school now. Anyway, i have fun running my car as fast as it will go(and loud as it can be) up and down the street near her house. can't wait till she comes at me again and ill unload upon her with my pball gun.

Andrew

dude that's fuckin hilarious. hahahaahaha. stupid bitch.... and it's so stupid that she came after you with a bat... what was she thinking. all for an rc car???

L8r,
Garrett

All I can say is sometimes it is better to work with them and not against them, in some cases I admit people are not reasonable and she sounds like one of those people. You catch more flys with honey, just something to think about.

i also agree... but it's hilarious that someone would lose that much control over some kid driving his "toy"

I wonder if she bitches about honda civics w/ pissed off bumble bee exhaust...

L8r,
Garrett

over here...

how about me guys?

lol @ your dumb neighbor

my neighbor is not what u call the nicest person. She has a disabled kid who supposedly needs a million things. I've met him and the only thing wrong with him is that he is missing is his pinkie finger. That sux but she shouldnt expect pity. It gets annoying because she expects us to be nice to her because of him. He loves my car though, as do all the neighborhood kids. The parents dont mind either, as long as its off by 830. shes the only one who complains and i dont think that will be happening anymore.

O yea, she got our of jail and hasnt looked at me since. Every time she sees me she turns around the other way and speeds away.

Andrew

Hey Peter, Welcome to RCNT. The greatest online RC forum in the world.

One of the things you'll get used to around here is how easy it is for all of use to get thrown off on a tangent. Thats where these smilies came from. :stickup: :OT: We do our best to keep things in line but we love to bullshit about everything.

If you have a specific question, it usually helps to stick to the question. Maybe some of the guys here got a little lost in all the directions you were going in your first post. Repost your question and I'm sure someone here can help you out.

Robert.

hows this....

hows this....

plese refer to earlier post for questions. thank you
lol

heres a new one...does anyone know if the pro or hardcore turnbuckles are longer?

it seems like when i have mine adjusted right they are only held in by a few threads on each side and wear out the threads and get bent. i would prefer not to move the ball studs.

troubled neighbor

Originally posted by RiceLaxer06
my neighbor is not what u call the nicest person. She has a disabled kid who supposedly needs a million things. I've met him and the only thing wrong with him is that he is missing is his pinkie finger. That sux but she shouldnt expect pity. It gets annoying because she expects us to be nice to her because of him. He loves my car though, as do all the neighborhood kids. The parents dont mind either, as long as its off by 830. shes the only one who complains and i dont think that will be happening anymore.

O yea, she got our of jail and hasnt looked at me since. Every time she sees me she turns around the other way and speeds away.

Andrew

RiceLaxer, why don't you intoduce her son to RC?
If he's basically just missing a digit and not to young that would be great. Begging his crazy Mom for an RC car!:devil:

Back