GS Storm Buggy Thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by RiceLaxer06
what would the price range on that novarossi pipe be?

Originally posted by Nitroaddict
about 130.00

u can get it at nitrohouse.com

I realize this was posted awhile ago, and the prices may have dropped since then, but I recently acquired a brand new nova rossi pipe for $51 shipped and insured, good old ebay. I don't believe it's their top of the line model (it's the 9886) but it is said to be a really nice pipe, and lots more quiet then the stock.

Of course, I won't know for sure until I actually get the thing, which I am sure I will, I'm just dealing with a slow shipper. I should get it next week (maybe.. USPS can be slow.. and it's coming from the other side of the country.) I look forward to hearing the difference.

Maybe there's been a influx of new members, to whom everything is new =)

I'm one of those people!

Geeze..... Waste Land, the guy just wanted to know about the pipe he just bought! And hes right, there are alot of new members here now that were not even able to be in on these discussions from whenever! Heck why even reply unless you have something to contribute! Its a waist of time on your part, & I'm sure hes thinking the same thing!

cbreaker, thats a killer pipe! One of the very best on the market no dought...

Steve

:jet:

gearing help?

can anyone tell me what would be a gould gear combo for smaller,tighter tracks..

Hey Robriguez, where can I get some awsome tires and rims like yours!
Thanks

i've been out of r/c for about 6 months now due to my esc burning out in my b4, and my piston and conrod breaking in my vz-b for my storm. there are other things wrong w/ my storm i.e. my shocks are all bad, my main gear is all torn up, my screws that hold on my a arm blocks keep backing out.

to get back to where i wanna be, i need:
new shocks all the way around
new piston and conrod for my engine
new body
new cvd's

poop this sux

Yea, good stuff.

The list is handy too. I especially like the Fioroni front C-Hubs; good upgrade there. Too bad it's $92 ouch!

Hi Guys,

With regards to screws ripping out of the storm's chassis there is a common mod done over here. Simply fit longer screws through the plastic (better than alloy in my opinion) lower suspension hinge pin holders (8 screws in total) and fit a nylock nut on the top of each. These will not come undone, shear or rip the chassis as the screws working loose causes this. The reason I don't like the alloy hinge pin holders is it makes the chassis too stiff, kept breaking wishbones after fitting these. Just seems to move the weak point. The screw mod is best.

You prefer the plastic ones?

I guess it depends on what you're doing, where you drive, how you drive.

The Storm Pro comes with the aluminum ones stock, and I haven't really heard of it being a problem, per say.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Storming
Hi Guys,

With regards to screws ripping out of the storm's chassis there is a common mod done over here. Simply fit longer screws through the plastic (better than alloy in my opinion) lower suspension hinge pin holders (8 screws in total) and fit a nylock nut on the top of each. These will not come undone, shear or rip the chassis as the screws working loose causes this. The reason I don't like the alloy hinge pin holders is it makes the chassis too stiff, kept breaking wishbones after fitting these. Just seems to move the weak point. The screw mod is best.

Thanks for the idea! I think I'll try that when I tear it down next.

Yes I prefer the plastic ones. I know it sounds weird, but when the mod is tried plastic hangers work well, but I have found that the alloy ones cause other components to break such as wishbones. I've tried some pretty serious jumps and broke lots of parts on my storm but once this mod is done the hangers and chassis stay as intended.

My guess is that when you strengthen one thing, you're pushing that kenetic energy somewhere else, to other places that may be weak under the new stress.

If I start breaking stuff like that I'll consider putting the plastics back on. Until then, I really like the red dynamite color in there =)

Speaking of Dynamite Red.... I really like my shock towers but I have a mix of blue, red, silver, purple, white - getting to be a rainbow. I'm considering stripping the ano off of everything and polishing it up. Whatddya think?

I think it will look nice, all silver. But I do think the metal is stronger if it's annodized. How much stronger, your guess is as good as mine. Probably not a big deal.

If I get the Fioroni rear bulkhead brace thing, I'll might strip that, because it would be the only blue peice on the buggy.

Originally posted by cbreaker
My guess is that when you strengthen one thing, you're pushing that kenetic energy somewhere else, to other places that may be weak under the new stress.

If I start breaking stuff like that I'll consider putting the plastics back on. Until then, I really like the red dynamite color in there =)

Exactly, try it out.

Anyone recomend any other mods to the Storm, or found any other weak parts? I've broken most parts on my old Storm at some point or another so if there is a way to avoid this on my new one I'd like to know.

Since you can really manage to break anything on a buggy somehow, it can be difficult to figure out what the weak parts exactly are.

However, these are what I see as being kinda weak:

Wing mounts. The e-clips rip right out of them pretty easily. Fortunately, wing mount kits are like $6. So buy a few =) That is, if you can find them in stock anywhere, which I cannot.

Bulkhead, particularly rear: Wing dumps can actually bust the ears right off the bulkhead. Fioroni makes a brace for the rear bulk. The front bulkhead can break pretty easily from a front bumper collision, since the front bumper screws into the center of it. Aftermarket hinge pin braces will avoid this.

Shock Towers. Replace RTR ones asap, but you already know this. I even had a set of those aluminum aftermarket ones some guy makes and sells on e-bay, but the front one broke first flip. I got hardcore ones now.

Hinge pin blocks/mounts. Get the aluminum ones or get longer screws for the plastic ones, and cap them with locnuts.

Other then that, I dunno. Little things, but no big deal. It's a well designed buggy, in my opinion.

Back