Gas prices

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seen this on CNN about how drilling in our country would probably not have an effect on our gas prices.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/04/25/news/economy/oil_drilling_gas_prices/index.htm

Look at it this way. When we tap into the 150+ year supply that we are sitting on, OPEC is going to sh*t bricks when they realize we DON'T have to pay what they want us to pay, and they won't know what to do with the oil they have. That means the price of the barrel will drop, and the price at the pump will drop.

They'll be scrambling to make deals with us, knowing that in ten years, when we start to reap the benefits of that oil, we won't need theirs.

Also, CNN might as well be state-run media, that heavily favors the Democratic party.

Somehow, being forced to go from this
2008-0331-2006GMarquis03.jpg

To this
Car-Picture-of-Toyota-Prius.jpg

Just friggen irritates me...

120 miles a day @ 24 mpg = $20 a day just to drive to/from work. Sure, I could move closer, but I need that hour commute to keep my marriage alive! If I got home any quicker, one of us would be dead due to work fueled rage!

I wonder how many miles you can get out of a prius before it dies... 170K on my 1998 grand marquis (my old car) that my wife drives and it's still rolling strong.

I drive a supercharged Grand Prix. I'm not trading my baby in for no radioactive wind-up, tree hugging, pedal pushing electric car. If I had a choice right now, I'b be driving a quad-cab Duramax 2500HD.

I might not mind an electric car... if it was made by Tesla.

Naaa... I take it back. No clutch. Baaa! Long live internal combustion!

Speaking of aligning news outlets

Fox news is the republican party PR Manager while CNN used to stand for the Clinton News Network. I guess fair and balanced is leaning to the right so to speak. I once heard a joke about Fox News: When Katrina hit I heard they we're hosting a fund raiser for all the victims, turned out it was for the RNC.

If we ever do start living on our own oil they'll probably leave the price high anyway.

I have no desire to get rid of my GMC truck but the new Chevy Volt looks pretty darn neat.

Yea.... ill stick with my 13mpg dirty smoke blowing prius hating 6.0 turbocharged diesel. Ill park it on the curb and walk before you catch my ass in one of them pansey ass rides.

Here's Rolex's cousin Walter on the Prius:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQcSOP2AzXU"]YouTube - Jeff Dunham: spark of insanity blue toyota prius, chihuahua 1[/ame]

Whirrrrrrrr, beep, beep!

I just bit the big one and filled the tank in my old pickup. Is it normal for the truck to be worth less than the gas in it?

Last edited:
yep, ill run it over, and you can sell it for the scrap metal

Only if you have enough fuel to start it much less run it, Alpine.