Flooding

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy poop man..I'm so sorry bro,keep your chin up man!...idk if their is anything I can do to help,...how can we help James guys?

Just keep those thoughts and prayers comming. We need them for sure.

We're trying to get hotdogbob to show up with a sponge.
How are you getting time to work on the house with all this going on AND having Trump show up for a photo-op?

We're trying to get hotdogbob to show up with a sponge.
How are you getting time to work on the house with all this going on AND having Trump show up for a photo-op?

I will say this. Trump refused all state and local law enforcement as security, saying that they are much more needed else where during this time of disaster. He also had his security detail (personal detail paid from his own pocket) refusing access to local and national media. All photographs seen are taken from people's personal cell phones. He showed up with his VP select and personally spent hours in this south Louisiana heat (it was 101 degrees with 100% humidity today) sweating his ass off handing out food, hygiene products and toys from the two trucks that he personally paid to fill for those most in need. Was it a political move? Probably. But it was one of the best and most thoughtful moves I've ever seen from any politician in my short lifetime.

Was it a political move? Probably.
Oh I'm sure without a doubt it was... that said our Commander and Chief can't even be bothered to deal with the flooding while he's on vacation at Martha’s Vineyard. So there's that too...

Obama was asked NOT to go by the governor since all the security needed would use up so much of the state's manpower at a time when it's so desperately needed.
Trump can spin anything into making him look good.

Wow old friend. I'm super sorry to hear about this. Hope everything turns out for the better.

No changes. Still waiting on the inside of the house to dry out before we are able to move forward. Dehydrators and fans are still going.

Small update.

A client in one of my dads warehouses (he owns a commercial real estate firm and owns several business parks locally) is an air conditioning guy and when he heard of my issues, he donated a 5 ton ac unit to me and the wife for the house, so that'll be a huge expense off my shoulders.

Gonna start to keep a tally on what this is gonna cost me.

House is demo'd down to the studs. $5,400.
Cabinets, doors and windows have been measured and are being built off site. Dehydrators are finally done inside of the house and have brought the humidity of the wood down to > 5%. Anti- mold spray has been applied. In 36 hrs Sheetrock can start to be replaced.

That's awesome of him. Ac is crazy expensive. Glad to hear you're starting to rebuild. Will you stay or sell and move away from that area?

That's awesome of him. Ac is crazy expensive. Glad to hear you're starting to rebuild. Will you stay or sell and move away from that area?

110,000 homes were flooded. Something close to 75% of the surrounding parishes (what yall call counties) went under. They are calling this the 1000 year flood. We are gonna stay.

They are calling this the 1000 year flood.
I read that while you were still underwater. The odds were 1% in any given year that this would have happened in your area.
I'm just glad that you caught that little window of opportunity to save a few important items.

Sheet rock is in. (For the most part. They ran out while doing my outside shed) hopefully they start mudding today.

So happy to hear things are coming back together!

@alpinehyperlite did you get to run CAT5 or CAT6 for internet access throughout the house before the put in the sheet rock?

IDK what that is, but i have cable wires running to my modem and a wire from the modem to the wireless router. lol

How's your doggies doing in the middle of the drama?

Back