Flooding

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. The whole fema assistance thing is all screwed up. I apparently only qualify for a low interest federal loan.

flood insurance found a loophole in the contract so they only have to cover structural damage
What in the hell! How is that even possible? Flood insurance is supposed to cover floods. I mean I get it if it was a flood of molten lava or a flood of raging kittens, but how in the world does a flood policy NOT cover floods?!?!

That makes me mad and it's not even my stuff.

Been seeing several pictures like this, of caskets floating around. Messed up stuff!
kGZGZgj.jpg

I'd hate to go what you were going through, hope your safe and well- feeling for you mate...

Sorry to here about you situation an everyone that has to deal with catastrophic times like that!
It seems that the governor would try to solve those types of issues in flood zones ,like pipe
those waters to drought state areas ,if it was oil ,they would pipe it clear across the country ,
or if it was oil ,they would put American lives in jeopardy just to get it!

Right now ,Californians would love to have that!....It just don't make sense!

Here's a shot of Baton Rouge area:
afp-ey6el.jpg

The latest reports say 10 dead and 40,000 homes damaged. Almost 24 inches of rain in 48 hours.

Last I spoke with smaxxin he said it had gotten about 2 ft from his house and started to recede. So it looks like he has lucked out.

The worst pain I have ever felt was seeing all of my belongings stacked in front of my house awaiting a truck to come haul it all away to the dump.

Last I spoke with smaxxin he said it had gotten about 2 ft from his house and started to recede. So it looks like he has lucked out.

The worst pain I have ever felt was seeing all of my belongings stacked in front of my house awaiting a truck to come haul it all away to the dump.
Did it come so fast that you didn't have time to move anything...scary... It must be horrible for you right now, I hope things get better :(

We were able to salvage some things. I got home from work at 0500 and by 0630 it was inside my house.

I feel for you, brother. I did the same thing after my home got flooded in Kansas during the early 90s.

Yea. the water level is back to normal by my house. Just dealing with the aftermath today. Spent all day today since around 0500 pulling sheetrock and insulation out of/off of the walls, Basically gutting the entire house.

I definitely got lucky! I can't tell you how happy I am that we spent the extra money to make sure the foundation on our house was raised well above the road in front of it.

Too late Rolex, I already offered him a place at no charge

Where are you staying through all this?

Fortunately my parents have plenty of extra space. I'm the middle of 5 kids and they still have the same house even after all of us are out of the house..... Except that I'm back with the wife and two dogs.

Back