F-ing Gas Prices!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats funny... On the way down to Pismo beach last week, we had to stop for gas, and the lowest price was $2.96 per gallon.. Well, the RV took up 59.2 Gallons on a 60 gallon tank... It was close to $175 for the fill up... WOW!!! Thats just crazy...

FastEddy said:
NOW I'm PISSED AT THE PRICE OF FUEL!!!
I went to fill up for the first time in 3 weeks. This is normal for me. I'm not bitching about the price, like I said the price is the price. Pay it or walk. What I'm upset about is that the pumps here cut off at $48.00 at the price of 2.86 for low test this isn't enough to fill my tank. SO I put the card back in for the second time to top off the last 8th tank or so and it wouldn't take my card for a 2nd time. FUCKERS!! On my way I went to go to do some shopping. I whip out the CC at Safeway and it was declined!!!!!! The CC company turned it off thinking it was stolen or left at the gas station. ERRRRRR........

Well my teacher had his credit card turned off because he bought something in Des Moines (Washington) then 20 minutes later in another city in the greater Seattle area. All because the credit card company thought the Des Moines charge was made in Des Moines Iowa...lol

FastEddy said:
NOW I'm PISSED AT THE PRICE OF FUEL!!!
I went to fill up for the first time in 3 weeks. This is normal for me. I'm not bitching about the price, like I said the price is the price. Pay it or walk. FUCKERS!! ERRRRRR........
I recognized you in this pic bro.

1004refills.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Eddy, I got tired of that game, too. Try filling Diesel #2 into a 100 gal tank at almost 3.00/gal! I got around it by getting a gas card for Chevron and Flying J. No limits if you call them when you get it and authorize them to up the limit to your requested limit. I travel all over CA and the So West and have not had nearly the trouble that I used to have.

Also, when I travel a lot, particularily out of state of the country, I try to call my most used CC and let them know I will be traveling and to where. They will update your account for travel. Really helped in London as I used the CC for everything because you get the best exchange rate that day if you use CC.

i paid 2.69 for reg unleaded today its getting crazy

don't cry so much guys we are paying about 4,85 USD x Gallon in Spain, :flamer: That's the main reason you will not find many american cars arround, they don't fit in our streets and they have really high fuel consumption

oh we're ballin out eyes out over here. when your used to paying $1.50/gallon and budget accordingly, and then in a matter of only a few months the price rises to almost double what you've budgeted for, the wallet hurts.

Man, prices are getting pretty high. I saw regular gas hit $3.03 for the first time yesterday. Granted we were still on the NY side of the Palisades AND on the highway but it gave me a shock.

Last edited:
:shrug: I just sold my car so that I could afford to put gas in it :shrug:

Mr T

I got a long board and a RC monster truck.....just hook it up to a pulling rig and I'm good.....I'm good

LOL....I had it rigged up once, tied to the front truck....(haha, I tied the rear of a truck to my front truck) but I had to start pushing to go anywhere...once it's up to cruising speed it's hard to make the truck stay at a constant speed....it will pull for a little but I Kept hearing the engine make some horrible straining noises, started getting tangled in the slack from the tow rope and decided to not trash my expensive toys......

Maybe that's what happened to the LST while pulling the jimmy .... LOL

Over the past 20 years the gas prices have not risen nearly as much as the salaries have. These days everyone wants to drive a huge mini-van, pickup, or SUV.

a huge mini-van??? come on man listen to yourself LOL J/K

but its soooo true, don't drive it unless you can affoed to , and if you can't don't bitch!

Back