F-ing Gas Prices!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbmaxxbasher

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
What are the gas prices in your area? List your location and the price for regular gas, or all three if you feel like it.

Here's Mine:

Texaco
Reg $2.38
Plus $2.48
Sup $2.57

Saw regular at $2.49 at a Sunoco this morning. I think we'll be lucky if we see gas below $2.40 again.

Thats nothing. Your getting off easy.
Honestly I don't look any more.
The way I see it, If you can afford to fill your tank, you can afford to drive.
We have 2 choices. Deal with it or walk. The choice is ours to make.

Yeah, CA has the highest prices.

Chevron:

1.69 Reg
1.79 Mid grade
1.93 Premium

And here is where it gets me the most,

Diesel #2, 3.09

When I travel I have to fill the 100 gal tank at least twice.

I have to run premium or I get spark knock that's so slight it sounds like rain drops....still irritates the crap out of me though......
Sunocco
reg 2.37
mid 2.45
pre 2.53

1.93 in Cali?!?!?!?!
You must be in the boonies?

My big truck gets 6 MPG and holds 40 gallons of gas fuel.
Now do you understand why I don't look.
Revo Rancker knows better then to look as well.

Just looked out the door at the Stop and Rob.

Eddy, the diesel motorhome gets about 6 also, maybe 8 if I do nto tow the Jeep. Yeah, why look. I have to hear my wife scream everytime we get the gas card bill anyhow. And out of our 4 cars we have, one is a company car so that gas is paid and I never look at prices when I fill that thing. The other three, none of them get over 20 mpg. Sucks I guess.

Plaid, no, I am in the heart of Orange County, right off the 5 fwy. If Eddy went to San Fran he might see gas over 3.00/gal.

last time i checked for the cheapest gas in town it was

$2.59
$2.69
$2.79

Diesel was something like $2.78 or something,are prices on gas is still going up.

Bay Area has regular at 2.65/ gallon and that is at the Costco pumps where it is normally 5-6 cents cheaper than the 76 pumps.

Rising costs of fuel are one of the reasons why I drive a Corolla.

$2.39 for reg. here in the big town of Foley, In Mn. I even had to break out the winter car (a Regal) and put the truck away as my daily driver. poop sucks. Can I take my vote back??

I didn't vote for puppet boy that's for sure......I wasted my vote on Vader...I mean Nader....I just couldn't vote for either of the clowns running as real contenders, so I opted for the toss my vote in a garbage can way out.....I think I'm gonna look at a mini cooper soon....anyone know how much crap I can haul to the track in a mini????

I don't even bother looking anymore unless I want a headache, and that's not happening! When I filled up my Tahoe last sunday, it took me about $53 to fill it up from just below 1/2 tank on Midgrade fuel. I don't even wait till this puppy hits empty. Makes me feel better doing it from 1/2 tank since my tank holds 33 gallons.

A full tank on my Taurus (18 gallon tank) will cost about $36 from about 1/4 tank.

yo revo and eddy dont you $2 plus instead of $1 plus. I'm near the los anagles area and got gas last night. put $5 in and didn't even get 2 gallons.

gas heres at the cheapest place am/pm is
$2.63
$2.73
$2.83

chevron
$2.73
$2.83
$2.93

i have a passat vr6 station wagon w/ 18gl tank takes about $45 to fill from the 2gl red mark line.

arawak420 said:
yo revo and eddy dont you mean $2 plus instead of $1 plus.

A dollar something....two dollars and something...doesn't really matter to the Rockafellers.

Mr T

Makes those Hybrid cars look more and more appealing every day!

Funny thing is I just saw a report that over the first 5 or so years you own a hybrid, the costs aren't a whole lot different. You may spend less in gas, but you spend so much more on the initial cost of the vehicle that it's a wash.

Looks can be deceiving then. I'll stick with what I got and just close my eyes at the gas pump.

Candyman said:
Funny thing is I just saw a report that over the first 5 or so years you own a hybrid, the costs aren't a whole lot different. You may spend less in gas, but you spend so much more on the initial cost of the vehicle that it's a wash.

YEP, so VERY true.

around $2.40 here or so...

I'm seriously gonna have to buy a diesel truck so I can make my own fuel for under $1 a gallon.... Once I make my $800 processing unit...

I heard that you can convert a brand new cummins to run on methane gas......I just searched and got too much CRAP to wade through for an answer....anyone have facts on that...

Back