Coby's Brushless Conversion!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting, lol. I'll see what is going to happen.

As of right now, I am having tranny problems. I am putting in a 44T idler gear into my tranny, but the top part of the case is not fitting.

umm, as far as i know you can't change the idler gears out of trannies, the cases are designed so that gear meshes just rite with the clutch gear and the diff. putting a bigger gear will not fit putting a smaller gear won't reach to make contact with the other gears....

unlesss you know something i don't and you have a rc that is adjustable?

ir os the 44t idler the stock gear that came out?

That's what I'm trying to figure out. Someone did this with a 2-speed tranny and it worked great, but when on the 3-speed tranny there's a problem. I think its because with the 2-speed the 44T spins with the smaller pinion. On the 3-speed, it's making contact with the middle pinion. I have to try to find a way to make it contact with the smallest pinion.

Here's a picture with the motor plate.
2r5w7pi.jpg

Idk when my battery box or charger is gonna come in.

I have to buy some rear tierod elims from Atomic RC. I also have to figure if I'm gonna use radio box or a PRC plate.

Found out my tranny problem. Turns out it only works with 2-speed trannies. So I'm gonna have to buy the 2-speed pinion and the idler (Or drive, which ever is the one on the shaft that connects to the drive cups, the last one) gear.

I still have the STS. I didn't have a chance to start it up since I found some things missing, then when replacing I decided electric. I think I said it on here, but the conrod in the OS30 blew on me. I was jumping it and I guess a rock caught on the servo wire and disconnected it from the failsafe, so it was stuck in throttle. Idk what happened to the return spring. Anyways, by the time I ran to it the conrod snapped. When I tried opening the backplate, I stripped the screw (Those things are like red-loctited) so I am stuck. The STS is still running. I have to get a new starter shaft since I stripped it, but idk where I'm gonna run. I'll probably save it for another truck I get or something.

Looks great so far Coby. Nice and clean.

You'll want to lock the the truck in 2nd gear. The power of brushless is known to destroy transmissions.

I am actually converting it to a flux tranny itself. I just need to buy the 18-23T drive gear, 29T idler, and the spacer (Which you have to buy the case with... Unless anyone here has a spare). I currently have the 3 speed so I just have to convert the bottom and top of the tranny to the 2 speed gears and replace the middle with the custom flux drive gear and shaft I already have.

Got the tranny fixed. Just need to shim it and it's perfect!
Battery boxes came it, fit perfectly.

The charger should come in today. Found out the seller shipped it on the 31, more than two weeks than when I ordered it. I had to contact him to make sure.

I have some Atomic rear tierod elims coming in. Other than that, I am going to make a purchase on a screw kit. Maybe after that I'll upgrade to X bulkhead cases so that the screws actually go into the countersunk part of the TVP. Plus they're easier to access.

Not sure what brand LiPo I'm gonna go. I was gonna go Zippy, but then CC said that they had problems with them. I am looking at SMC 6000Mah 2S 28C packs currently. Any suggestions?

I am contemplating the MMM vs the Tekin RX8. I've never had experiences with Tekin, but I heard that they are pretty good. MMM has my choice for now though, based on compatibility and price.

Back