Tmaxx VS Revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G35driver

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi,

Should they perform close enough? I know Revo can race for hard cornering? Should i go for the extra $$ or just put a set of REVO tires on the TMAXX as i can buy a used TMAXX locally and get similar performace since they both have the same motor??????

Thanks..

Well the tmaxx and revo have diffrent motors. They are both a 2.5 but the revo is a 2.5r with more power. I have had a t maxx and a revo and the revo out performs the t maxx and is alot stronger. You can bash a revo and it holds up like a champ but a maxx is a little weak in my book. The revo is state of the art truck and the t maxx is the same old thing. I love my revo and havent looked back. I say get the revo.

New T-maxx's now have the same motor 2.5R but that is all they share. The Revo is much more durable and much, much more raceworthy. The suspension on the Revo is unique with the monocoque shocks which is similar to how an F1 or Indy car are set-up. When it comes to on track performance, there really is no comparison.

The Revo handles way better than a Tmaxx in my opinion and this worth the extra cash. I also think it takes a beating a lot better than a Tmax. Now if you simply don't have the extra cash, the Tmaxx isn't a bad ride from what little experience I have with it. I would probaly save my aluminum cans or something though to get the extra cash to buy the Revo or Savage ;)

The REVO is awesome.. It is the perfect mix in offroad and onroad performance. I was leaning towards the JATO, then thought about the TMAXX... but am thrilled to have what I have.

I could use some more power... but, thats a never ending thought.

If you by the TMaxx you will eventually spend $200+ to add all the hop-ups you want and then you will realize that you are basically trying to turn it into a Revo and you're still not quite there yet and you would have been better off spending a little more up front. They are quite different trucks out of the box stock though, so hard comparison. Revo=better

Not even close,get a REVO.Out of the box it eats any stock MAXX class truck and you do not need to spend as much on it. Simple

REVO is more durable than the T-MAXX,performs better.

Truly, I'm not trying to crap on your thread, but asking if a T-Maxx and Revo are similar is a lot like asking if a Corvette and Chevette are similar. It really is an apple-and-orange argument because, other than the engine, the Revo and Maxx have nothing in common.

Like the fellas said, go with the Revo.

Go with the Revo. It's really good right out of the box and has a state of the art suspension like was mentioned earlier. I have two and love them.

nah have both and tmaxx is stronger then revo

This interesting...you claim to have both in this thread...and yet...

thats good that you got a revo 3.3 i wish i had one but sorry I'm fairly new to rc so i can't really say much about tuning but I'm sure the other fello rc' guys will help you out

Here you are the proud owner of a Revo...oh wait, not so much...

How about we stick with the truth in your posts or at least try really hard to conceal the BS? Thanks.

-SkyMaxx

2183619BS-meter2.gif

Derailment of thread complete. Now back to your normal programming. :D

i have never had a tmaxx , but i do own a revo 3.3 , and i have to say that when i was a newb the truck went to poop , but now that i have mastered the ninja powers of rc'ing , the revo rocks , i have trashed it to hell and back with little or no broken pieces and would highly recommend it , it gives you a good basher with the heart of a racer!!

I had a Tmaxx for a couple of years. The old style with the .15. Lots of mods done along the way like RPM wide A arms, ProLine tires, 2.5 and lots of aluminum. I had great luck with it because I maintained it very well, and didn't try to climb trees with it. I ran it on a clay track and around the yard, but never tried going airborne or doing flips.
The more abuse you give them, the more damage they take. That applies to ALL the cars, even the real ones.

LOL...age brings wisdom and incontinence...some of us have the former...it looks like others have a great deal of the latter. :D

LMAO..........Let me get a diaper change.

I forgot gangsta revived this cobweb riddled thread, and here I am posting in it. Age also brings on senility.

Back