plug eating revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rook, I checked the temperature on my last run and it was only 140*-160* I was a bit surprised and it ran very well also, doesn't this seem low? I used the glowplug out of my Rustler since it was lasting so long.

I would think that seems a bit low. But not knowing the ambient temperature, I'm not real sure.

It was around 75-80* that day, could it be a cold plug?

I did a 1/4 turn lean and it sputtered down. I have a video of rear views to show the smoke stream, I'll try to post, I've never edited & posted a video before but I'll give it a try.

Here's a closeup, you can click on it to get it to magnify.

13221593_10206480219552902_8161643595954605723_n.jpg

Not sure if you mentioned it or not, but what brand/model # are the plugs your using? To me, that doesn't look bad. Maybe a hair on the lean side, but it looks ok to me. I'm wondering if you just got a bad batch of plugs or something.

What igniter are you using?

They were Traxxas & was getting a nice smoke trail, I am now trying HSP n3/#3 gp's now and so far engine is running cool 190-206* and haven't blown one in 3 tanks. I'm using the EZ Traxxas igniter.

Maybe there's something wrong with the wand. Might want to try a normal igniter and see how that does. Perhaps your getting a bad connection with the wand and there's nothing wrong with the plugs... or perhaps the wand is sending too much juice and is cooking the plugs.

Personally, I never cared for the wand to heat the plug. I liked to heat the plug for 3-4 seconds before turning the engine over. Even when I did use the wand, I still used a normal heater for the plug.

That's how I do the one I have. I use my igniter and the wand. Not quite as handy as the wand, but works better IMHO.

Considering you can get an AA igniter that will easily fit in your pocket for like $6 on ebay and with a 2200mah NiMH AA, the thing will easily last you all day. I've had no issue with losing power even when breaking in an engine with all the starts/stops and extended running with the igniter on to keep it going when rich.