XTM mill

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jon2

Nitro ASSpired!!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I am helping a friend with tuning his XTM 24-7 pro. It is in a GS STORM PRO. The problem is when I give it gas the carb opens up fine and returns to the idleposition fine. BUT when I give it gas and give it brake it stays open more then I want but I give it gas and the problem is gone. First time this happening, so I am think that the linkages is wrong.

Opinions?

i am pretty sure that there is something wrong with ur linkage u got? that is my guess just because is should go back to idle, but if it isnt when given brake then more than likely you need to adjust the linkage just a hair

bryan

Yeah I am thinking the same thing.. Funny thing is that it seems to die after it warms up. THough it was the needle setting but now I am challenged to get this little thing done. It runs like a champ but it flames out...after some time.

Plus is a MC59
Fuel is Odonnell 20%
Ambient temp was in the mid Low 70's when I was running
The avg temp was 230ish

I am stumped. but not giving up at all.

The MC59 plug is what XTM recommends for that mill. Jon I"m haveing the same problem with my 24.7 and I don't know whats up...

I would start by using a different plug.. I too, had problems with those damn MC59's in my Hyper 8 port.. Worth a shot.. Run a medium to cold plug...

vbgagnon said:
The MC59 plug is what XTM recommends for that mill. Jon I"m haveing the same problem with my 24.7 and I don't know whats up...
Really? I guess I will try a MC-8 or MC-9 or a cold plug I have....

Thanks Fellas. I will let you know what happens.

jon2 said:
I am helping a friend with tuning his XTM 24-7 pro. It is in a GS STORM PRO. The problem is when I give it gas the carb opens up fine and returns to the idleposition fine. BUT when I give it gas and give it brake it stays open more then I want but I give it gas and the problem is gone. First time this happening, so I am think that the linkages is wrong.

Opinions?

Sounds like you need more tension on the return spring on the throttle linkage so that it rests on the idle stop every time. Don't overdo the tension or you may run out of travel on the brake side and/or your servo may not be strong enough to overcome the spring's tension to give you maximum braking.

You may also need to adjust the throttle/brake trim on your TX to give you a little more slack between the throttle linkage collet and the servo arm at the neutral position.

These measures are necessary because your servo has a "deadband", i.e. it doesn't always return to exactly the same neutral position. More expensive types of servo (coreless, digital) will have a tighter deadband.

)Yeah I am thinking the same thing.. Funny thing is that it seems to die after it warms up. THough it was the needle setting but now I am challenged to get this little thing done. It runs like a champ but it flames out...after some time.)

i was also having the same problem with the 24.7 in my tmaxx, could u tell us if the plug was the problem.thanx

Is the carb itself binding? How much angle on the linkage connecting to the carb?

My buggy is currently doing something similar. If I slowly decellerate (is that a word?), it works fine. If I go from WOT to brakes, it makes it bind at about 1/4 throttle. I need to clean up my linkages a little bit so I can get some of the angle out of it.

us the MC-8, it worked the best in my 24.7 the book says the mc59 but that worked like crap in mine so i changed it out with the 8 and it worked perfect.

bryan

Back