XRAY XB8 owners!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can knuckles 2 tires be glued onto the xray wheels ?
they seem a bit bigger and the wheels seem 4 mm. smaller than other makes no ?

I don't see why they would be a different size, because all buggy rims are the same size. You have the occasional smaller hex size, but the overall diameter of the wheel is the same. I would say that they can be glued.

hmmm....

now that looks vaugely familiar....where have i seen that before?
Xray_XB8_Build_027.jpg

now first thing. rotate your fuel filter until it snaps into place, that recessed dot in it has a mating plug in the bottom of the fuel filter clip. second, which hitec servo are you using there? just curious, i used the 5945MG on steering and the 5925MG on throttle/brake. also rotate your rear driveshaft by hand and make absolutely sure it doesn't rub the motor mounts at any point. its a really tight fit in there, and i had it happen to me once. a few other people have actually ground the mounting tab on thier motor a bit for clearance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my finished XB8, just finished it up in the last couple of days all it needs now is the body to be painted.

5178XB8_Build_04.jpg

I have found running a short pressure line on the .12s Or I should say My .21s doesn't work as well as a linger one.

Its interesting on the Jamin pipes they they mounted the pressure fitting backward. Using the STOCK return line setup on the XB8 is a concern to me. In order to plug it into the pipe I needed to make a tight U with the line. I'm hoping it doesn't kink. I'm going to use one of the line holders to hopefully keep that from happening.

Who else runs the Jamin pipe on their XB8 and what are you doing about the pressure return line?

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
I couldn't get my line to stay flat like that when I tried it that way. It was all up against the engine when I did it, but the line was still scrunched up I will have to get some new line and try it again. I didn't even know about the longer pressure line working better.

Xray_XB8_Build_035.jpg

this is how i got around that issue. you can modify as you see fit. i wasn't happy with it like that because it just didnt look clean to me. i also dont like running any lines behind the engine, specifically over the throttle/brake linkage. i have a setup ill go take a picture of now that works well for me.

you can see how easy it would be to use this setup with the JP-1 pipe, its actually is modified from my jp-1 setup just to use this pipe. i also keeps the lines away from any moving parts on the car. my filter is large enough it pushes the lines down into the linkage if i run them under it.
3515110_1061.jpg

3515110_1060.jpg

eddy. my pressure line measures about 7-8 inches long. short by most people std's. my car drives really nice like this, however it requires you to tune your midrange needle. take note of how far mine is into the body of the carb. i had to go in about 1.5 turns. keep in mind for every movement you make on your midrange needle, you must make and equal and opposite movement on your LSN. this keeps the LSN adjustment the same in relation to the spray bar, however it changes the point at which the LSN is draw out of the spraybar, shifting the fuel curve.

shorter pressure lines mean more responsive fuel pressure and actually a more accurate tune. a longer pressure line temporarily leans the midrange until tank pressure can equalize with the pipe pressure and then your midrange will be rich and cause a bog. this is most noticeable when going from an extended period of half throttle, then trying to go full throttle. you will notice hesitation, its magnitud is dependant upon how out of tune your midrange needle actually is.

Great info!
Ill look at fuel line routing options.
What pipe are you using now?
I have to chuckle at my comment about the pressure fitting being mounted backward.
It would be nice and clean with the setup your running now. Go figure..

that pipe is a power racing 086 in hard coat. about 55 bux from ace hobbies with that nice smooth flowing manifold its a good deal. like i said those lines are setup for my jp-1, it flows really nice when i put that pipe on. but i really like the way this 086 performs, thats why i told you to give it a try. oh and another fyi. when your vzb wears out, you can replace the p/s with the vspec stuff. the cranks are identical. :madface:

I'm looking forward to beating the hell out of it this coming week. I should have my battery back in a few days. If I get a bad itch ill just go buy one. Its hard just looking at it sitting on the bench.

The other issue I'm not pleased about is the fact that my MotorSaver filter binds on the linkage with the body on. I'm going to look at it a little closer in the AM and hammer it out.

i just used the xray filter. just dont use the black inner element, its stupid, how can you see the dirt? i cut down some HPI filters to use in the xray housing. i also picked up a spare pack even though mine was good. the size of the pack only allows for small mah ratings. my xray is the 1200 and backup is a 1100mah. of course my digitals suck up more power than analog servos too, so depending on your radio setup you may not need to switch packs during the day. kind of a bummer since my swift radio box has enough room to put in a 5AA cell pack, i have 2 2100mah's for that buggy.

Fasteddy, why dont you just use the XRAY filter? That is a very nice filter i think.

Also, can't wait for your report on the car after you beat on it a little:)

I may have to.
I have used MotorSaver filters for years now and only once have I ever had an issue and it was my fault.

I'm used to it and kind of weird that way. Been married for years, lived in the same house for years. Been an butthead for years. I just don't like to change when I find something that works.

I hear ya! I use to use motor savers till I bought me an RB filter for my Supermaxx with the WS7 in it. SInce then I like that style much better for me! The XRAY filter is made the exact way the RB is.

Dont know if you heard but WERKS racing has come out with there Eternally adjustable Werks Clutch system for us XB8 owners with our smallish 33mm flywheel.

Lookie HERE

Dont know if you heard but WERKS racing has come out with there Eternally adjustable Werks Clutch system for us XB8 owners with our smallish 33mm flywheel.

Lookie HERE[/QUOTE]

THat is just the standard werkz clutch that weve been running already for a while

true its not the best link. but werks has come out with a 33mm version of that clutch. i wont be using it since I've found a sweet spot for my stock clutch though.

can proline knuckles2 tires be glued onto the xray wheels ? , it seems the wheels are a bit smaller than other makes ,
I got always a part of the inner sleeve of the tire, that doesn't want to go in the groove of the wheel

Last edited:
thats a sweet lid hirez

very nice

psi....thanks for the tips... my driveshaft was barely touching the motor mount...i had not noticed it.... i never liked running fuel line on top of the pipe like the book says for the reason that once fuel gets hot(and it will) the motor seeems to not like it...it starts to lean a little...i try to keep my fuel lines away from the pipe as much as possible......

and i have the hitec hs945mg also on my steering.....went to go get a new 645mg for throttle but they were out...i have my other 625mg sent off for repairs....i may just go to the 925mg...everyone seems to like it.....but in january i am going with 2 new airtronics 94358's....so my radio system will be all airtronics

Back